Please Add Windows Phone as Platform

Something you want to see in a LiveCode product? Want a new forum set up for a specific topic? Talk about it here.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, robinmiller, kevinmiller

michael.kruzewiczBUSDEBs

Post by michael.kruzewiczBUSDEBs » Wed May 02, 2012 2:26 pm

Tia

seaniepie

Re: Please Add Windows Phone as Platform

Post by seaniepie » Fri May 04, 2012 6:07 pm

I would like to bump this too but understand the implications on integration with Silverlight and the XNA frameworks and maybe Visual Studio 2010 as well. :|

William Jamieson
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
Location: Palo Alto, CA put williamdjamieso into tEmail / put n@gmail.com after tEmail/ revmail tEmail

Post by William Jamieson » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:48 pm

I agree. Microsoft is a little behind, but I believe that they are going to be doing well in the future by the way Windows 8 is looking, and if Livecode were to start working on creating a Windows Phone version now, by the time it actually became worth doing, we would be ready and Livecode will have a competitive advantage in the market place. If we have the ability to punch out Windows phonee apps like crazy while the rest of the world is still catching on, i'm sure that will create some sort of niche for Livecode beyond what they are already offering. From a business standpoint, this is huge.

archer2009BUSknbj

Post by archer2009BUSknbj » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:39 am

I would say please add Windows Phone as well BUT not at the expense of creating a decent platform for Android and iOS.

LiveCode has a long way to making it easier to create Apps that work on all sizes of screen and both in Portrait and Landscape mode.

I'd rather LiveCode worked great on the Two most popular mobile platforms then just ok on Three

kevinmiller
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by kevinmiller » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:29 pm

Thanks for this. Windows Phone is planned http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/175 ... sts/415346
Kevin Miller ~ kevin@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Everyone can create apps

andrewferguson

Post by andrewferguson » Tue May 07, 2013 1:06 pm

kevinmiller wrote:Thanks for this. Windows Phone is planned http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/175 ... sts/415346
Yay!

Although I am more of an iPhone/iPad person, adding Windows Phone can be no bad thing.

Andrew

William Jamieson
Location: Palo Alto, CA put williamdjamieso into tEmail / put n@gmail.com after tEmail/ revmail tEmail

Post by William Jamieson » Wed May 29, 2013 12:46 am

Sweeeeeeeeet

Return to “Feature Requests”