Using slider in OSX/Win

This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

lumpo

Using slider in OSX/Win

Post by lumpo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:59 pm

For most controls, one can map mouseevents to the corresponding touch event. However, I'm stumped at how to get the slider to move in a revlet or standalone.
Any suggestions?
TIA
Lumpo

Dixie
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Using slider in OSX/Win

Post by Dixie » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:23 pm

Lumpo..

I'm a little confused about what you want to do,but if you want to move a scrollbar of type 'slider' then drag it.

Dixie

lumpo

Post by lumpo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:27 pm

Sorry, perhaps I was unclear. In the IDE or iOS simulator the standard 'slider' (ie scrollbar-like control) works as anticipated. As one moves the 'knob' the equivalent of the thumbposition is sent and can be trapped into a field or whatever. In a revlet, the slider control is inert. It responds to nought. As mentioned above, whereas mouseMove, MouseUp etc can be mapped to touch events, I'm not sure what extra code is necessary to make the slider responsive in the revlet. This is using Safari 5.0.5 (5.1of course is broken with revlets).

Hope that's a little clearer :-)

Dixie

Post by Dixie » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:42 pm

lumpo...

I have attached a revlet... all it contains is a slider and you can drag it. The revelet was made with rev 4.0 and I tested it with Firefox 5.0.1 and it works... but, it doesn't work with omniWeb 5.11, Opera 11.50 or as you observed Safari 5.1.

be well

Dixie
Attachments
Slide.zip
(15.9 KiB) Downloaded 294 times

lumpo

Post by lumpo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:55 pm

Thanks but it decodes in a fashion that I can't get it to open except in coda or bbedit etc (ie looks like the raw text dump of a rev file).
Lumpo

lumpo

Post by lumpo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:09 am

OK problem solved - operator error. Worked easily in simple new projects with one control. Therefore went back and tracked the code line by line and there it was ... a comma instead of a semicolon. All is well.

Thanks for advice

Return to “MobGUI”