V0.18

This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

splash21
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

V0.18

Post by splash21 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:22 pm

I sometimes find MobGUI sitting over the top of something (even property palettes) and have to move it around to get at whatever's underneath, so I thought it would be a good idea to be able to hide and show the plugin as required. The IDE's context menu seemed to be the easiest place to have this functionality at your fingertips, so I've added a few handy new items.

V0.18
  • Configuration: MobGUI's IDE context menu hooks can be turned on or off.
  • Context menu: show/hide MobGUI - useful when you need more space on screen.
  • Context menu: explode components - a shortcut to view control components.
  • Context menu: remove geometry for selected controls for all screen setups on a card.
  • Configuration: auto check for updates option.
  • Slider control: the button was being cropped when set to the slider minimum or maximum value and then leaving and revisiting the card. Thanks to Diane Salter for reporting this one.

The download is available using the update button in the plugin or via http://mobgui.com
8)
LiveCode Development & Training : http://splash21.com

minx
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: V0.18

Post by minx » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:36 pm

Hi John,
1) Just updated to new version. Slider button works great now!
2) I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the "remove geometry" item. Is that a visible effect? Or is that like a "reset" button?
3) I've noticed a difference in the text field border style between the way it appears in the simulator vs within the environment.
I specify a rounded border style, and within LiveCode it looks squared off. Within the simulator it is rounded.
4) There is a slight difference in the color between simulator and environment. I notice it especially with my pink background.
This doesn't seem to occur when I build it standalone.
Looking very good. I like the hide feature because as you mentioned, the screen can get crowded, so it's nice to be able to turn it on and off.
Thanks! Diane

splash21

Re: V0.18

Post by splash21 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:16 pm

Hi, Diane.

I accidentally 'lost' a control - must have moved it off screen somewhere - I noticed it was on screen when in portrait and missing in landscape. The 'remove geometry' item was added as a quick way to get it back again. You can switch to the view where the control is visible then if you click 'remove geometry' the control will still be in the same place when you switch views (as the geometry data has been deleted, so it doesn't move). You can then just drag it to the desired location.

The 'native iOS text field' is represented in the IDE is a regular LiveCode field object, but in the simulator it gets replaced by the real iOS control, so appears different.

I think I've seen color differences mentioned before in the use-list regarding the simulator - I'm not sure what the technical explanation is (or if there was one!), but I'll see if I can find the info.

HTH :D

John
LiveCode Development & Training : http://splash21.com

Return to “MobGUI”