Text box

This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

mackus

Text box

Post by mackus » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:23 am

John,

created a group of controls on a background to use as a dialogbox. one of the controls is the iOS native text control. Everything works as it should except when is set the visible of the created dialog box and all its associated controls to false, the group is not longer visible except for the iOS native text control. The control is part of the entire group so i would assume it should disappear as well. Realizing I now have a group within a group, i can use the message box and set the visible of grp "dialogGroupInputBox", which is the mobGUI control, to false and it will disappear. I just cant programmatically get it to disappear when its wrapper group go invisible. Any thoughts

thx
mark :?:

Dixie
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Text box

Post by Dixie » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:00 am

Mackus...

These iOS native controls layer, or float above the stack, when you create them... so you will have to show or hide your UITextfield control with a line of script, something like ...

Code: Select all

iphoneControlSet inputID, "visible", "true"
When you show or hide your group within which it is contained..

be well

Dixie

splash21
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by splash21 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:33 am

Hi, Mackus - Dixie is spot on with his advice :wink:

The native text field is only represented in the IDE with a LiveCode control, which can be grouped just like any other LC control.
In reality, the real native control is only created at runtime and can not be contained inside a LiveCode group.

HTH

John :D
LiveCode Development & Training : http://splash21.com

mackus

Post by mackus » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:34 pm

thx Dixie and John,

that is how i have it working now but thought i was missing something. Guess I new the iOS control was created at runtime but didnt register in me wee little brain. :oops:

cheers
Mackus

Return to “MobGUI”