Demo version working Full version not after grouping

This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

fgr33n

Demo version working Full version not after grouping

Post by fgr33n » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi, I'm pretty new to both LiveCode and MobGUI.

I was pretty impressed with the MobGUI demo version, as I was able to set up some buttons and also option buttons pretty quickly in a test app with separate "looks" for IOS and Android.

However, after downloading the full version, the Android-IOS-Apply no longer changes the colors after grouping the buttons for background sharing.

As soon as I choose "group selected" in the Objects Menu, the Android-IOS-Apply-process no longer changes the look of the controls.

I reconstructed the test app several times and it seems to fail after grouping.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm thinking it has to be something simple, but I'm stumped.

Thanks in advance for any help.

fgr33n

Re: Demo version working Full version not after grouping

Post by fgr33n » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:13 pm

In case someone else has the same problem….

I downloaded mobGui files that were linked on the registration email. Apparently those are really old links (the number on the file was 0.3 something so the file must have been really old. Reading on the website, I came across a reverence to the latest version number. After downloading v1.28 from the site, rather than the email, everything works as expected.

Obviously there is something broken, or at least not updated with the registration system, and I missed it somehow.

Return to “MobGUI”