do native scrollers of MobGUI work wid data grids?

This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

keram

do native scrollers of MobGUI work wid data grids?

Post by keram » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:29 am

Hi,

Do native scrollers of MobGUI work with data grids?
If yes, is the scrolling of DG containing 1000 records quick and responsive? Anyone has done it? Perhaps posted video to show it?

keram
Using the latest stable version of LC Community 6.7.x on Win 7 Home Premium, 64bit

splash21
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: do native scrollers of MobGUI work wid data grids?

Post by splash21 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi, Keram. The scrollers used in MobGUI are the very same you'd get if you create them yourself with the mobileControlCreate command - the performance will be the same. I've been looking at what's involved in creating a tableview type control, but it's still some way off yet :(
LiveCode Development & Training : http://splash21.com

Mikey

Re: do native scrollers of MobGUI work wid data grids?

Post by Mikey » Sat May 17, 2014 2:25 am

Keram and John,

There is already a scroller wrapper for the datagrid from Monte. It's called mergDataGridScroller. The current version (1.3.1) scrolls the entire datagrid, including the header, which I don't like, but Monte has said that it was the only way he could get the scroll to be smooth.

I've used the 1.0 version, which only scrolled the data area but not the header. The scrolling wasn't 100% smooth (it sort-of "ticked" for each line), but for my purpose it's been fine.

If you like, you can copy the behavior that Monte has in the wrapper if you want something a little different. It's just a group, and the code is in the outermost layer.

Return to “MobGUI”