How do I register Mobgui

This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

Lagi Pittas
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

How do I register Mobgui

Post by Lagi Pittas » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:32 am

I have just purchased MobGui after truialling the "demo" for the last few hours.

It is totally cut down no documentation is in the zip file - old documentation exists all over the internet.
I found a video that shows you can pick the size by selecting Ipad/Iphone/iphone retina/custom etc so I thought well I'm going to need it sooner or later and I don't want to waste any more time.

The version I downloaded from the livecode site - didn't have that part and the controls were not all there - I assume you need to enter the registration code - but where?.

So I downloaded from webgui site - it seems to be older because it doesn't have a version number built in - but I could be wrong.

it's 3:30 in the morning and I've got nowhere.

Please:-

1. Can you tell me which is the latest 1.24 from livecode store or the blank one from webgui site?
2. Where do I register the plugin so it shows the size (ie Ipad, Iphone etc ) as per here on YOUTUBE - video juN1kfrdXiI (also has a small picture of an iphone)
3. Are there any lessons/docs for the latest version
4. Any examples

Update
OK found the manual top right of the grid of howtos. but the Mnaual still doiesnt tell me how to register or has the iphone/iphone retina/ipad selection

Kindest Regards Lagi

Simon

Re: How do I register Mobgui

Post by Simon » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:07 am

Hi Lagi,
Everything current is here:
http://www.mobgui.com/download.php

Just enter your licence code.

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

Lagi Pittas

Re: How do I register Mobgui

Post by Lagi Pittas » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi

Thanks Simon

I have already done that and downloaded what seems an older version of the program
Still doesn't explain why I can't see the orientation/device options.

I thought you had to enter the code into the plugin.

So does that mean it's activated, just seems to me looking at some of the comments in he store that I'm not the only one.

Can somebody put a simple duffers guide ... I've been programming for 38 years and this plugin is making me feel like a noob

**UPDATE** Just noticed the documentation doesn't make it explicit that on page 15 the buttons on the stack are from ios AND android - so i was thinking I'm missing some setting to make the buttons rounded.
Also I notice that in previous versions the navbar Automatically snapped to top now we have to snap it.
Another gotcha is the navbar in previous versions had a colour with text as a default.
I was checking this out on youtube and must have been looking at 3 different versions
May I suggest that the ios6 controls as a theme could be put on the website please .... sometimes you want real buttons not "magical Joni" buttons
Sorry to harp on - I can see it will make my life easier but a single page could have save me hours

Oh something else I found ou - if you go to development/plugins/plugins settings (before you load the mobgui stack) then select mobgui and set it to load when livecode starts , it's does what it says on the tin.
Sorry if i'm teaching my granny to suck eggs,I didn't see this in the manual.

Lagi

Return to “MobGUI”