Small changes pending

This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

splash21
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Small changes pending

Post by splash21 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:46 pm

I used the carousel control a few days ago in a commercial demo. The sticky mode was set so that it only moved on by 1 item for each swipe, but I noticed some people's swipe action only barely touched the screen : the first part of the swipe was the finger moving to the side in mid air - then the screen was touched as they got to the icon at the front of the carousel - then the finger was lifted again (immediately) as the swipe motion continued in mid air! So it was registering like a touch rather than a swipe. The default behavior when the screen is touched in the carousel sticky mode is to move in the direction of the last movement, but the control was picking up no horizontal movement, so moving in the last known direction wasn't always what the user had intended. I made a quick modification that required a minimum of 5 pixels horizontal movement to trigger the carousel and that seemed to solve the problem.

The delayed release feature on the icon buttons also seems to work well (keeping the 'touched' state active for a minimum time), so I'll add that option to the normal buttons.

I'm looking at some bigger things (one of which is a possible table view), but are there any other tweaks that could also be added to this next update?
LiveCode Development & Training : http://splash21.com

Youks
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Small changes pending

Post by Youks » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:25 pm

Hi John,

Great Job ! Why not the possibility of controlling the objects geometry in portrait and landscape mode like in the previous version ?
And obviously the tableview with consistent scrolling !! :wink:

Regards.

Return to “MobGUI”