lockloc issues

This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

teacherguy

lockloc issues

Post by teacherguy » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:09 pm

I did a search of this forum and didn't see any issues, but I'm having a lot of problems with lock location being affected by the presence of mobgui, which I started using recently. For example, I move an image on a card, go to a different card, come back, and the image is in its original location instead of where I left it. This drove me batty for hours yesterday because I had never had an issue with this until mobgui was added. Sure enough, I commented out the preopencard handler which tells my stack to start using mobgui and now the image remains locked where I left it.

Any ideas? I left a support ticket with mobgui but no response yet.

Adrian
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: lockloc issues

Post by Adrian » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:40 am

I think what you are experiencing is mobGUI handling the geometry. When you place anything on a Card that MobGUI is controlling, it remembers where you place the object in each size and orientation you display. It then tries to make sure objects are resized/positioned to fit this configuration.

I think that if you lock the size and position, MobGUI won't move the object (sorry, not certain if I'm remembering correctly). Alternatively you can tick the "Disable auto geometry" in MobGUI for the card and it shouldn't mess with any object positions.

Cheers,

Adrian

teacherguy

Re: lockloc issues

Post by teacherguy » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:46 pm

Yeah, I tried telling it not to use any geometry, even went into the image settings and stripped geometry, still no change unless I comment out the mobgui stack in the preopencard.

Not too pleased to receive no response from their help ticket in two days either.

Return to “MobGUI”