Bug in V0.28?

This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

jjt
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Bug in V0.28?

Post by jjt » Mon May 07, 2012 1:17 am

Wondering if anyone else has come across this...

I have built two separate stacks for iPhone and iPad respectively. Both work great. I decided to "merge" the two into one for a single stack handling both platforms. Each original stack is a single card. In their individual respective stacks, the only card is "main". When I merged the two, I started with a brand new stack and created 3 cards. The "main" (card 1) determines the machine and goes to one or the other respective card ... iPhone (card 2) or iPad (card 3). All that works fine until it hits the preOpenCard for each card. Nothing is executed from within that preOpenCard control structure. I can take the exact same code from the preOpenCard and put it behind a button and it works without issue. Other handlers for the same control work just fine, just not within preOpenCard.

To merge the two stacks, I copied and pasted the respective controls onto the appropriate cards. I leverage a number of mobGUI controls ... they all work fine EXCEPT within the preOpenCard handler. I noticed this previous post:

http://forums.runrev.com/viewtopic.php? ... rol#p44114

Which implies there were some issues with long IDs and stack renaming/saving. I'm wondering if I've hit something similar by copying/pasting the controls between stacks.

I'd hate to recreate the individual cards from scratch, but it looks like I may have to give that a try to work around this.

Anyone else seen this or similar?

Return to “MobGUI”