Scroller stopped working

This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

KennyR

Scroller stopped working

Post by KennyR » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:40 am

I was wondering if anyone has these troubles from time to time....Ive been working with two iOS scroller groups in my program, and from time to time when I make alterations to the group, the scrolling feature just stops working all together. I have not altered the code in the group other than adding buttons and assigning code to the buttons. I am frustrated right now because I just finished coding most of the entire program and now the scrollers are broke! Any ideas?

P.S. I have attempted to add the preOpen script to the card multiple times...no luck.

jjt
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Scroller stopped working

Post by jjt » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:45 pm

Yes ... I have experienced these kinds of issues with MobGUI. It can happen when modifying iOS and/or when modifying non-iOS objects. It is a little frustrating, but I have been able to recover in one of two ways.

1. Use the MobGUI stack recover tool. (Which begs the question ... why is one even needed in the first place?)
2. Delete the MobGUI preOpenCard handler entirely. Nothing in the preOpenCard. Save, Close. Re-open stack, then use the MobGUI button to add the preOpenCard code again.

I once tried to move a number of non-IOS objects in the IDE. After COMMAND-S (I use a Mac) ... it said it was saved. Upon invoking the iOS simulator, the moved items remained in their "old" location. I'm thinking ... "Where the heck is it getting the "old" geometry from when I've overwritten the stack?" I could add objects ... delete them ... all with no effect on the simulator even after saving and renaming the stack. I finally removed the preOpenCard code entirely ... saved ... closed ... re-opened ... re-applied the code via MobGUI and TA-DAAAA ... all was well.

There is definitely something squirrely about the tool. It has great features ... but the library integration is not clean apparently. The fact you need a "recover" feature in the first place is "just not right". I hope that helps somewhat.

KennyR

Post by KennyR » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to try that when I get home from work....kudos

KennyR

Post by KennyR » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:28 am

Worked like a charm! Thanks brother!

JosepM

Post by JosepM » Thu May 10, 2012 11:23 pm

Hi,

Same issues here, the objects added from the MobGUI ide after some combination don't are refreshed in the emulator. Today I left frustated with this, save, open, reopen, add ... :(

Someone get answers from support?

Salut,
Josep M

Return to “MobGUI”