Slider not working

This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

jjt
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Slider not working

Post by jjt » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:13 pm

Anyone else having a problem with the .28 slider? I have built the simple example on the MobGUI documentation page using a field called data and putting the pValue for the slider into the field via script. Works fine in development mode and run mode within LC 5.5 and LC 5.0.2. However, when I attempt to run it in the iOS simulator, the slider button does not move. It can't be dragged. iOS simulator is version 5.0 (272). OSX is 10.7.3.

On a side note ... I'm sure I will think highly of the add-on once this gets sorted out. And I can certainly appreciate the author's efforts around developing the functionality. I know many folks don't like to document their code :( ... but it sure would be beneficial :idea: if the pre-defined snippets provided in the object handlers actually contained comments on their purpose. As an example:

on touchMove pId
mobGUISliderDrag the long id of me
end touchMove

Or ... how about documentation of the custom properties. :?: Some can be gleaned...while others are less obvious. A few minutes of documentation would sure go a long way to helping users derive the most benefit possible from MobGUI.

Any insight appreciated...

--John

jjt

Re: Slider not working

Post by jjt » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:57 pm

Is no one able to confirm or deny this slider mis-behavior? Native LC sliders work just fine ... they're just kind of ugly. So, at least in my experience, this appears to be a MobGUI issue. So far, the ticket I opened on the 26th at MobGUI has gone unanswered.

Does anyone have a pointer to a tutorial/reference for skinning an LC slider? I'm not opposed to rolling my own if that is the only option, but some instructions on how to go about it would be helpful.

Again ... any insight would be appreciated.

--John

gpb01

Post by gpb01 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:47 pm

jjt wrote:Anyone else having a problem with the .28 slider? I have built the simple example on the MobGUI documentation page using a field called data and putting the pValue for the slider into the field via script. Works fine in development mode and run mode within LC 5.5 and LC 5.0.2. However, when I attempt to run it in the iOS simulator, the slider button does not move. It can't be dragged. iOS simulator is version 5.0 (272). OSX is 10.7.3.
Hi John,
have you clicked on the MobGui interface the button 'Add preOpenCard code to card script' (bottom of the interface) ? Because I have no problems with the .28 slider on iOS 5.0 simulator ...

Guglielmo

jjt

Post by jjt » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:55 pm

Interesting ... I have no such button ... and the preOpenCard did contain the code to use the MobGUI lib. So, I decided to delete the preOpenCard script and as soon as I did ... My Setup button (Not labeled as you noted, but same function apparently) at the bottom of the MobGUI interface appeared. When I clicked on it "nothing happened" ... but when I tried to close the card script, it alerted me it had been modified outside the editor. So I accepted the changes and VIOLA!!!! the slider is now working correctly in the simulator.

So it appears to be something "squirrelly" with the library activation, but I would not know why/where.

Regardless ... mystery solved!! Thank you Guglielmo for prompting me to dig deeper. Your question led me to wonder why I had no such button ... and now I know a bit more than I did when I woke up this morning. Kudos to you.
Attachments
MobGUI.tiff
MobGUI.tiff (23.97 KiB) Viewed 5274 times

gpb01

Post by gpb01 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:44 pm

jjt wrote:Interesting ... I have no such button ...
Very strange ... with v 0.28 you should have this main panel :
LiveCodeScreenSnapz001.jpg
with the 'Add preOpenCard code to card script' button on the bottom.

... maybe you can try to delete the plugin from your plugin folder, reinstall and register again ;)

Guglielmo

Return to “MobGUI”