Getting Started with MobGUI for Android

This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

Gene
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Getting Started with MobGUI for Android

Post by Gene » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:07 pm

I'm trying to experiment with MobGUI to see how it works, and am not able to get it going with Android style controls.

I must be missing something in the installation or startup process, because all I see are the IOS controls. I see them in a tutorial, but I can't seem to get get them to come up.

I downloaded .28 and put it into my plugins folder. I used the file that is NOT in the MacOS folder. When I launch LC and go to the plugins, sure enough, MobGUI is there. The MobGUI interface will come up, but nothing I can do will show the Android controls when I click on the right arrow button on the menu bar.

I'm using the trial version. Does it not allow access to the Android controls? I hope not, since not realistic to try it out on Android with the iOS interface.

I suspect this is due to me not noticiing something in the process, but I can't find it, and I've run out of time trying to chase down what is wrong. I'll glady accept any advice I can get!

Thanks,

Gene

bangkok

Re: Getting Started with MobGUI for Android

Post by bangkok » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:01 pm

That's funny, i had the same trouble.

You have to click (right button on your mouse) on the first button (the one with iOS screen), and then a contextual menu will come up with "Android controls" !
:D

Gene

Re: Getting Started with MobGUI for Android

Post by Gene » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:22 am

Bingo, you are absolutely right! Usually I can flop around until I stumble on the answer to these kinds of things, but I just ran out of motivation and had to ask for help. Thanks. Now I can get on with figuring out the rest of how the plugin works.

Gene

Return to “MobGUI”