ListBox Using LiveCode And MobGui

This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

Knightlite

ListBox Using LiveCode And MobGui

Post by Knightlite » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi,

I am brand new to LiveCode and MobGUI and I am trying the demo versions, and I am having a problem getting going as to what controls to use. I want to write an app for the iPad that utilizes 1 Stack and 2 cards. The first Card will have what I would call a listbox (I have a VB and RealBasic background) that reads all the records in a SQLite Table and displays them in that listbox. Thats the first part, and the part I am trying to figure out at the moment.

I want the listbox to look like the native iPad Tableview, so the user can swipe his finger up and down to view more items in the listbox. Is this possible with LiveCode and MobGui? Is there a tutorial or some sample code that shows how this can be done? I am trying to figure out if you use a MobGui control or a LiveCode control to do this, or a combination of both.

I then wonder how you populate the list with the records in the SQLite database file. The name of the Table is Chapters, and it has only one field called Chapter as well.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would very much appreciate it.

Jim

sfitzjava

Re: ListBox Using LiveCode And MobGui

Post by sfitzjava » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:43 pm

Bump.

Something I would also be interested in. Anyone have a suggestion? Not only UITableViews but grouped ones as well would be nice.

Thanks

Return to “MobGUI”