Mobgui button height width adjustment?

This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

sx-74

Mobgui button height width adjustment?

Post by sx-74 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:04 pm

Using Mobgui to add buttons to a stack.
When I relabel the buttons the size of the button does not adjust the lenght of text.
Changing "Button" to "Press me I am a button"

Using the MobGui controls is there the ability to change the height and width?
If I use the Property Inspector in LiveCode to make the adjustments (Size/Position, the height and width adjustment) then the button edges become all distorted.

Any ideas here?

- Jay

josephreesGA75ef

Re: Mobgui button height width adjustment?

Post by josephreesGA75ef » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:16 am

I struggled with this too, and I'm a recent purchaser. Here's what I found:

The MobGUI window has it's own property inspectors for controls (groups) that you use. There is a very basic one that appears in the MobGUI window (same window you dragged the control from) when you click on a control that came from MobGUI. If you set the "Name" and "Label" in this window, the button will automatically resize to the correct width/height of the label you provide. You can tweak this further by clicking the little magnifying glass down at the bottom of that same MobGUI screen next to the word "Components".

I found that if I resized the group using the native LiveCode property inspector, the control would just snap back to its' original size and shape immediately after clicking away from it. Extremely annoying. I was kind of unhappy about the fact that it's not integrated more into LiveCode and itself is a stack. This appears to be just my current "newbie-ness", however. It seems to me like it should be more tightly integrated. A MobGUI button, in my opinion, should still be a LiveCode button, but with transparency set, an image applied to it, etcetera, instead of being a "group".

Honestly, I was kind of disappointed that LiveCode didn't just automatically use native control look and feel when deployed to a particular device, forcing me to either skin each control myself or purchase MobGUI.

Return to “MobGUI”