Version .22 Geometry

This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

SteveHanlan

Version .22 Geometry

Post by SteveHanlan » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:11 pm

John

I'm having some issues with rotation geometry and object positioning in this version

If I select a set of controls and set any alignment,(loke align vertically first to last), as soon as I click back on the card they revert to their original position.

If I set the size and/or position in the property sheet, as soon as I click back on the card they revert to previous position.

If I have data in a datagrid inside a scroller, the data slowly moves out of view as I change orientation. The more I change, the more it moves. (Compiled app works ok)

Anyone else having a problem with this?

cheers

Steve

gcbrackett

Re: Version .22 Geometry

Post by gcbrackett » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:47 pm

I, too, have had trouble with positioning just as you describe. For example, one out of four (?) tabbar buttons gradually shifted down one pixel every time it was clicked. The only way I was able to "fix" this was to reset its position by script every click. With other controls I've had some luck checking the 'No auto geometry update' button before repositioning and saving. But be careful! If you forget and leave the box checked, changing to another orientation or device can result in losing the positioning/sizing settings for the new situation.
George C Brackett
Principal, George Brackett Associates
http://luceatlux.com

splash21
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Version .22 Geometry

Post by splash21 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:10 am

I'm already having a look at this issue - aiming to have some answers for the next update.

J
LiveCode Development & Training : http://splash21.com

Return to “MobGUI”