Virtual keyboard issue on 9.0.2-rc-1

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Youks
Livecode Opensource Backer

Virtual keyboard issue on 9.0.2-rc-1

Post by Youks » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:24 pm

Hi All,

It's been a long time that i haven't used LC but now i am very happy with the outstanding progress and bug fixes! I am happy to see that bug 18395 has been resolved (return key handling on LC fields) but i am having an issue with a simple stack with a card. Basically i am using an LC field for input, use the android keyboard (Samsung or Gboard) to fetch data from the net and display it on fields. One of the field is masked when the keyboard is activated which is not an issue.
So when we first launch the app everything works properly. When the app goes idle and to the background, if i recall the app, when the keyboard is deactivated, the field residing behind the keyboard remains covered by the mask of the keyboard.
The background of the field is black. This only happens when we recall the app from the background. I hope that my explanation is clear.

Is there a workaround or should i file a bug report?
I am using a Note 8, last firmware. Issue encountered using the native (Samsung) and Gboard Keyboard.
I tried the acceleratedrendering in preopenstack but that one screws up the entire layout of the card when keyboard is activated.
I tried as well refreshing the card with the " set the backcolor of this stack"..trick with no joy.

Many thanks in advance. Regards

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Virtual keyboard issue on 9.0.2-rc-1

Post by jacque » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:59 pm

We get no messages when an app goes to the background and later resumes, so this is a little tricky. As a guess, try the redraw trick in a keyboardDeactivated handler and see if that helps.

Please do file a bug report, it will help us all.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Youks

Re: Virtual keyboard issue on 9.0.2-rc-1

Post by Youks » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:26 pm

I have already tried that trick with no results. I filed a bug report.

Thank you for your help Jacque.
Best regards.

Return to “Android Deployment”