No matching ABIS?

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: No matching ABIS?

Post by jacque » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:31 pm

Amazon is selling Fire tablets now for $50 USD. Maybe that would be a good investment. :) I didn't think they would work for LC testing but Brian Milby used one so I guess it does. He had to transfer standalones via Dropbox I think, but once installed the app ran well. There is probably a way to cable the device to the computer too (which is what I do) but I don't know how Amazon controls that.

Or you can get a really cheap older phone at swappa.com.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

sphere

Post by sphere » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:20 pm

The Fire tablets are based on Android until 7, only no google apps on it from factory. It's a good price. Maybe installing openGapps will help.
I can test on Android 7 samsung if i want.

jacque

Post by jacque » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:31 pm

sphere wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:20 pm
The Fire tablets are based on Android until 7, only no google apps on it from factory.
Yeah, that's why I didn't want one. There is no access to the Play Store either.

sphere

Post by sphere » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:45 pm

jacque wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:31 pm
sphere wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:20 pm
The Fire tablets are based on Android until 7, only no google apps on it from factory.
Yeah, that's why I didn't want one. There is no access to the Play Store either.
When you install this OPenGapps (Open Google Apps), there is. Look here:https://opengapps.org/

I also used it when i flashed my old Samsung Sii with LineageOS. Then you can use PlayStore it as before.

jacque

Post by jacque » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:23 pm

Interesting, I didn't know about that. I will keep it in mind. So far I haven't had the courage to flash a new ROM. There aren't many tools for Macs. I have an old Samsung I wouldn't mind ruining though.

sphere

Post by sphere » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:07 am

For almost every phone you can find info how to flash, resources and tools here:https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-i ... m-android/ and here:https://forum.xda-developers.com/custom-roms Much info for Samsung phones.

I don't know if you need to flash the entire rom too, just to install Gapps. Maybe putting the zip on a uSD-card is enough, and then just to start the phone in recovery mode. Then install it. But maybe there is no option to install, if there is not an alternative bootloader available.

Many people use the roms on XDA-developers to get rid of the bloatware many phone-providers put on it.

On https://lineageos.org/ you can find a clear rom for your device (there are people there from previous Cyanogenmod, the company Google wanted to buy but they refused).

SparkOut

Post by SparkOut » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:04 am

I don't know specific info about the Fire tablet, but you shouldn't need to flash roms just to get an app onto a device. Unless things have changed a lot recently, just look up how to "sideload" an apk.

sphere

Post by sphere » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:01 pm

You can't sideload OpenGapps, you place the zip on an memory card. Then start the phone by pressing volume+, action and power , Hold & wait until the bootloader comes up, then install the zip and all necessary will be installed.

But probably not possible with the standard bootloader from the factory, there are alternative bootloaders available from where you can also install a rom.
On the Samsung Sii installing Android 7 there was also a pitting needed, increasing/reformatting the internal memory to get it fit. It's succeeded, but its never without risk. There is also a tool to remove the exclamation mark for Samsung when a rom has been flashed.
A bit out of scope here.

sphere

Post by sphere » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:52 pm

Markm49uk

Post by Markm49uk » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:54 pm

Sorry to resurrect the thread but adding Google Play services to your Amazon tablet does not require new roms or installing some dodgy boot loader. Simply install the Google Play apks to your device - this website offers simple instructions on how to do that. Works perfectly. https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to ... re-tablet/

sika05

Post by sika05 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:04 pm

Hello,

I have the same Problem. I created a simple application with one button and "Hello". Regarding the manuals I installed JDK 8.191 and android studio
with android 4.03 und 8.0.

I can create a android application without failures. But when I want to run it on the emulator nexus5 I get an ABIS failure.
When I try to install the apk on my samsung galaxy 8 it quits without a real error message - Aplication cannot be installed is the only message.
What is wrong?

sphere

Post by sphere » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:50 pm

hi sika05,
that's because the standalone you made is for ARM based mobiles and not yet for the x86 based mobiles.
So you have to wait for the release as mentioned in the post above. That will support standalones for the x86 mobiles.

sphere

Post by sphere » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:53 pm

Markm49uk wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:54 pm
Sorry to resurrect the thread but adding Google Play services to your Amazon tablet does not require new roms or installing some dodgy boot loader. Simply install the Google Play apks to your device - this website offers simple instructions on how to do that. Works perfectly. https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to ... re-tablet/
yes, but that is not always working correct with GAPPs.
If you scroll down below to that site then you see also a dodgy loading thingy, via ADB etc.
Also found on XDA-developers website. ALso there you can find lot's more info about this.

sika05

Post by sika05 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:27 pm

???
Samsung Galaxy S8 has no Intel x86 CPU.

I thought I buy livecode do develop cross plattform applications. Not you say I can use only arm cpus. That doesn't really make sense to
be.

It it not possible to create one application for win / ios and android with a simple hello Button which works on every machine?

Best wishes
Siggi

sphere

Post by sphere » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:54 pm

If the S8 has an ARM processor then it should work.
Maybe you need to give permission in the phone settings to allow installation from other sources.

For the nexus emulator, it could be that it uses the x86, and then you can not install it, because x86 for mobile is not yet supported.

For desktop you can create a standalone for Linux, Macos and windows just fine. No worries.
Keep in mind that for each platform you create a standalone, you're not ready. (maybe if you use a text font which is the same on all platforms)
But if not you need to adjust it in the livcode file for each platform as field width's can differ per platform.

So what i do now, is write it on Windows, and then make a copy for LIN and/or MAC. Then adjust those optically for those platforms on those platforms.
In other words i also open the copy for MAC in LC which runs on a MAC. Same for Linux.

If you write for Android and also want to run it on iOs. Then you better develop it on a Mac running LC. This way you don't need to adjust fields for their sizes. When you develop on Windows for Android and iOs, then for Android you have it looking good, but when you then open the same stack on Mac to create the iOs standalone, you see sizes of text fields have changed a bit, causing extra work. Also you need a Mac wih Xcode if you want to develop for iOs. You can not create a iOS standalone on a windows or Linux machine.

Return to “Android Deployment”