Could not compile service support class - revisited

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

cusingerBUSCw5N

Could not compile service support class - revisited

Post by cusingerBUSCw5N » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:06 pm

This is the same problem as Android error: Could not compile service support class - but time has passed with new versions of all the software, and so I need an updated answer

I am on Indy 9.0.0 on a Mac.
I have the standalone preferences set to Android only.
In LiveCode, under Preferences, Mobile Support, I have the location of Android development SDK root /Users/mac/Library/Android/sdk and the JDK Path appears:
/Library/Java/Javavirtualmachines/jdk-10.0.2.jdk
When I run a Standalone Builder, it says, "could not compile service support class"

I downloaded Java SE 10.0.2 - the LiveCode instructions said to just download the newest one.
I downloaded Android Studio and I added 4.0.3 The earlier post talks about not using jdk 9...and installing jdk 8 instead - but Android Studio doesn't seem to allow any choices in this. So...my questions are

1) can I use Android studio 10.0.2
2) why does it say "could not compile service support class"

Thanks in advance

Carolyn

cusingerBUSCw5N

Re: Could not compile service support class - revisited

Post by cusingerBUSCw5N » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:14 pm

OK. I deleted jdk 10 and installed jdk 8 and it got over that support class error.... so now I'm going back to a more stupid question.

My new error is: could not find file keystore c:/Program files/java/sdk1.8.-+152/bin/release.keystore

So.... I realized that I have to put the new location for the keystore.... but cannot find it on a Mac.

It is not at /users/username/.android/debug.keystore - debug.keystore is not in the .android file

Carolyn
Last edited by cusingerBUSCw5N on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:30 pm

Hi Carolyn,

Java 9 and 10 are not supported yet, so yes, you'll need to download Java 8 and delete Java 9 and 10.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 33151.html

RE the other issue, yes you can create android standalones on Mac. You just have to remove the path to the keystore file in the standalone settings of this stack, as the path is valid and the standalone builder throws an error.

Best regards,
Panos
--

cusingerBUSCw5N

Post by cusingerBUSCw5N » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:36 pm

wow...it worked just by deleting the old address (from my PC) - I didn't have to put in an address for the Mac. Yeah!

Return to “Android Deployment”