JDK Path is none

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

DolphinTech

JDK Path is none

Post by DolphinTech » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:58 pm

I know this issue has been posted several times, but I still have this problem.
I have installed multiple versions of the JDK, the current one is 8u151.
When I installed the Android SDK (version r24.4.1), the installation path of the JDK was shown correctly, but when I select the Android SDK in the preferences menu, the JDK path remains none, although there is no error message.
The compilation of a standalone Android app results in the error "There was an error while savin the standalone application could not compile application class".

I have read through all the forum posts concerning my problem, but I still cannot figure out any solution.
By the way, I use Live Code Community 8.1.8 and have everything installed on my D drive because of disk space and I have set the environment variable JAVA_HOME to the JDK folder.

Thank you in advance for your solutions.

P.S. Wouldn't it be a lot easier if one could manually select the JDK path?
--Edit: How does LiveCode get the path of the JDK at all? Is there any other way to provide this information to LC (e.g. modifying some files)?

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: JDK Path is none

Post by jacque » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:08 pm

It would be way easier to be able to select the path. That would make a good feature request.

I ran into a similar problem the other day and I had to delete older SDKs. I wasn't getting a blank entry though, LC just wouldn't update the path to the latest version. It consistently stuck with the older original.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

DolphinTech

Post by DolphinTech » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:55 am

Thank you for your quick reply, but do you have a solution for my problem?
And do you know how LiveCode finds out the path to the JDK?
Mabye you could send me a valid configuration file containing the JDK path. (I assume it is saved there)

--Edit:
Yay, I solved it !! :D
I figured out, i had installed another JDK somewhere long time ago, and when i deinstalled it and changed the env variables, the jdk pathz was found correctly.

jacque

Post by jacque » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:51 pm

I'm glad you found it because I'm not sure how LC determines the path. I've always assumed it just looks in the /library folder. Good to hear you're back in business now.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Return to “Android Deployment”