LC 9 problem on Android

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

zlgo

LC 9 problem on Android

Post by zlgo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:44 pm

Not sure if I post my question on right place , but app for android created with LC9.x don't work , just black screen.Same application developed with LC8.0 on same android device works well.
After that I made very simple test stack , just one button and field and again black screen with LC9.x!Important is that I set indentically options in "Standalone" settings. :shock:
Zlatko

sphere

Re: LC 9 problem on Android

Post by sphere » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:23 pm

On which Android platform are trying to run the App?

I noticed something myself but waited to post to check on which LC platform i made it and for which Android platform target i build it, i have to check it.
But my app works OK on Android 6, but gives a black screen on Android 7. Although the buttons do work when i touch them (sound).

Another app of my works ok on both Android versions, that's why i need to check on the first one for which Android platform i build it and on which LC version i created the APK. So it gets more clear where the problem lies.

As far as i know there are issues with Android 7 and 7.1.1 on Samsung devices.

zlgo

Post by zlgo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:45 pm

I tried run app on Anroid 4.7 and 5.1, and this is work only testing with LC8.x.First noticed that my real application show black screen tested in LC9.x
then simple "one button and one field" did same result means black screen.
Zlatko

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by jacque » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:08 pm

I think you should send a bug report. Include a copy of your stack so the team can see the problem.
http://quality.livecode.com

I have trouble with LC 9 too when installing on Android 8.1. The app hangs and cannot be installed. I've sent a bug report.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

sphere

Post by sphere » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:01 pm

Just did a test with a stack that was previously written on LC8.0.0 and i've made a standalone on lc8.1.9rc1 with Android4.1 as minimum.
also on a samsung A3-6 not image at all but buttons do work (sound).

Now i'm not convinced that if you use a stack file from an older version and create a standalone on a newer LC version that any bug should be gone.
There could be a bug in the stackfile too as i've seen before. I had to recreate it.
Best is to recreate the whole stack in a newer lc version. And then check again.
It don't seem to be just a txt file with a different extension naming.
Please correct me if i'm wrong.

sphere

Post by sphere » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:50 pm

ok there is a bug with acceleratedrendering when used in preOpenStack reported by Panos.
So this seems to cause blackscreen (at least on Android7 and 8 )
So that is probably being worked on.
solution is to set it to false or use it as described in the temporary solution
see http://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=20698

zlgo

Post by zlgo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:13 pm

I looked at the description of the problem in your link,but my experience is that even most simple app like one button and field tested in LC9.x have black screen in compare with ver 8.x where works fine with much more complicated programs.
"preOpenCard" is not used in my test so believe this is not cause of mailfunction!

Return to “Android Deployment”