cannot find jdk path Android Studio 2.3.3

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

cusingerBUSCw5N

cannot find jdk path Android Studio 2.3.3

Post by cusingerBUSCw5N » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:03 pm

I have installed Android Studio 2.3.3 In the installation process, it asked to create a project. I chose Phone and Tablet with a minimum API 15: Android 4.0.3. It installed the requested components (Platform 26 revision2).

It reports "Error: Could not determine java version from '9.0.1'

what did I do wrong? :?: :?: :?:

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: cannot find jdk path Android Studio 2.3.3

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:34 pm

It sounds like you have installed JDK version 9. I think the fastest way to resolve this would be to install JDK 8:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 33151.html

cusingerBUSCw5N

Post by cusingerBUSCw5N » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:30 pm

So I have installed Java 8 instead of 9. and sure enough...Livecode can find the SDK (Android Studio 4.3.3 and Java 8) But I still have problems.

I tried to create a key. I used the Livecode instructions:
http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4069/l/32 ... ndroid-app and got this:

[indent] [Unknown]: xxxx
What is the name of your organizational unit?
[Unknown]: Development
What is the name of your organization?
[Unknown]: xxxx
What is the name of your City or Locality?
[Unknown]: Carson City
What is the name of your State or Province?
[Unknown]: NV
What is the two-letter country code for this unit?
[Unknown]: US
Is CN=xxx, OU=Development, O=xxxx, L=Carson City, ST=NV, C=US correct?
[no]: Yes

Enter key password for <selfsigned>
(RETURN if same as keystore password):[/indent]

and got:
[indent]Warning:
The JKS keystore uses a proprietary format. It is recommended to migrate to PKCS12 which is an industry standard format using "keytool -importkeystore -srckeystore keystore..jks -destkeystore keystore..jks -deststoretype pkcs12".[/indent]

So then I put in that code:
c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_151\bin>keytool -importkeystore -srckeystore keystore..jks -destkeystore keystore..jks -deststoretype pkcs Enter source keystore password:
keytool error: java.security.KeyStoreException: PKCS not found

at which point, I screamed. No key

So then I tried to see if I could use the LiveCode tester. It CAN find both the Android and JAVA SDKs, the tester button works...and I loaded a simple stack to test and it gets stuck on installing app on test device.

So I have 2 problems: I can't create a key and I can't test on LiveCode because it gets stuck on "installing app on test device". The device should be OK, because it worked just a few days ago. I re-installed Java and Android Studio when I was trying to create a key - and since then, LiveCode gets stuck on installing the app.

Any ideas or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I can create a key using older versions of Java or Android? But that won't solve my problem with testing on Livecode. And what is PKCS12 anyway? (I know I am mixing the two problems - but maybe they are related)

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by jacque » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:43 pm

When testing, chose "sign for development only" in the Android standalone settings. That will get you past the testing stage.

I'm not sure what to tell you about key generation for distribution, the instructions you followed worked for me. But I'm on a Mac which may be different.

As I understand it, PKCS12 is a different type of encryption. The warning you got doesn't sound like a blocker, you could probably just continue past it and let it make the key with the original encryption.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Return to “Android Deployment”