Unable to build app for testing.... LC Business 8.1.5

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Peter@multidesk.se

Unable to build app for testing.... LC Business 8.1.5

Post by Peter@multidesk.se » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:54 am

I have developed an app for several weeks and have tested it on my phone during that time.
But so suddenly, I could not test it because all stand alone settings had gone back to their default settings, ie build for windows, mac, linux, but not for Android or iOS.
After I changed these settings back, I can no longer build my app for test without getting "Unable to build app for testing. Could not generate package manifest"

I have read here on the forum that some people solved similar problems by rewriting the code, but I feel it's not the optimal solution for me.

I have an upcoming deadline, so I really need to solve this problem quickly!

What can I do?

PS, it feels like a major bug and an equally major issue for LiveCode if settings begin to change by themselves.

///Peter
/*Whats all the fuss with c# ?*/

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: Unable to build app for testing.... LC Business 8.1.5

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:07 am

Hi Peter,

Does the solution described here fix the problem?

http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.ph ... st#p141661

If not, do you get the same error when building a simple app (e.g. just a card with a button)?

We need to find out if this error comes from your Android setup, or from your app.

You don't need to rewrite the app. This error sounds like a result of a misconfiguration in the Android settings.

BTW can you attach a screenshot of your standalone settings? Moreover, are you using Android Studio (which version?), or just the Android SDK Tools (which version?)?

Best,
Panos
--

Peter@multidesk.se

Post by Peter@multidesk.se » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:55 am

Hi Panos,

No, it has nothing to do with .png icons, and it worked great to build a new app and test it on the phone.

My application settings were, as I said, restored to the default settings without me doing anything.
So I changed them back to current settings, and then the problems began. (see screenshot)

I then saw that the name of the application did not match the label name in the application setting.
Apparently, LC does not want to automatically use letters outside of the English alphabet, but it accepted me to
manually rewrite the letter, save and then install and run the program on my phone.

Problem solved!

The question that remains is, how could my application settings have changed without me even opening them?

///Peter
Attachments
Skärmavbild 2017-08-01 kl. 10.17.52.png
/*Whats all the fuss with c# ?*/

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:03 am

Hi Peter,

I am glad this works now for you.
The question that remains is, how could my application settings have changed without me even opening them?
I have not seen that before, and if it happened for you, then this is a bug. I you manage to pin down a reproducible recipe for this bug to occur, then please file a bug report at quality.livecode.com

Best regards,
Panos
--

Return to “Android Deployment”