possible bug in answer dialog on Android?

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

tjo.mobile

possible bug in answer dialog on Android?

Post by tjo.mobile » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:03 pm

I have an answer dialog in my app that pops up if the user enters a non alpha numeric character into a field stating that only letters and numbers are allowed with an OK button. It works as expected on Windows.

When I run the standalone on Android the answer dialog pops up as expected. If the user taps the OK button it works as expected, however if the user taps anywhere else on the screen the app crashes. My understanding is that the answer dialog should halt execution and the user has to tap on one of the answer dialog buttons to continue.

Am I missing something? Can anyone else tell me if they are experiencing this issue? I'm using LC 9.0 (dp 1).

Thanks,

TJ.

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: possible bug in answer dialog on Android?

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:44 pm

Hi TJ

In any case, the app should not crash, so I suggest you file a bug report at quality.livecode.com so as we investigate this further. Please make sure you attach a sample stack that demonstrates the problem.

Best regards,
Panos
--

tjo.mobile

Post by tjo.mobile » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:15 am

I noticed today under the "Standalone Applications Settings" in "Inclusions" the ask and answer dialogs were selected as expected.

However I also noticed that while they both display icons for osX, Windows and Linux, neither displays an icon for Android or iOS.

Is it possible that the answer and ask dialogs do not work/are not supported for Android or iOS? This seems like a very basic and much needed function so I'd be surprised if neither works in Android or iOS, but why do they not display the icons for Android or iOS in the "Inclusions" section of the "Standalone Applications Settings"?

Thanks for any suggestions or advice,

TJ.

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:14 pm

Hi TJ,

on the desktop (Mac, Win, Linux) the ASK and ANSWER diakogs are LC stacks,
but on Android and iOS the dialogs are supplied by the underlying OS!

So maybe they do not support ICONS or this has not been implemented in LC (so far).

I do not develop for mobile, but if I would, I would rather "fake" the neccessary dialogs
by showing hiding a nice looking group of some sort...

Best

Klaus

Return to “Android Deployment”