disabled button appearance on Android

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

jim1001

disabled button appearance on Android

Post by jim1001 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:01 pm

I'm developing with the Windows LiveCode IDE (8.0.1) and deploying to Android.

I have a button with a blue foregroundColor so its text label appears blue. When disabled in the Windows IDE the label text turns to grey indicating the button is disabled. When I install the app on Android however the label text of the disabled button stays blue and the button appears identical whether it is enabled or disabled.

Is this a (known) bug?

I know there are workarounds, like using the disabledIcon for example but would like to know if there's any easier way.

ps: I tried changing the foregroundColor of the disabled button with script but that didn’t work either.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: disabled button appearance on Android

Post by LCNeil » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:06 am

Hi Jim,

I can confirm this and it seems to relate to setting the foregroundColor of a button. Please submit a report to Quality Control as they will be able to investigate further-

http://quality.livecode.com

You will be able to use workarounds for now and I do seem to be able to set the foreGroundColor via script. An example is-

Code: Select all

set the disabled of button 2 to not the disabled of button 2
   set the foregroundcolor of button 2 to "gray"
Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--
LiveCode Support Team ~ http://www.livecode.com
--

jim1001

Re: disabled button appearance on Android

Post by jim1001 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:25 pm

Thanks Neil. I submitted to Quality Control (Bug 17824) . Panos said it was more of an enhancement request.

Trying again after what you said I was also able to set the foregroundColor via script. And you just drew my attention to the "not" value.

Thanks again,
Jim

Return to “Android Deployment”