Advertising on Android

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: heatherlaine, Klaus, FourthWorld, robinmiller, kevinmiller

JonathanLynch

Re: Advertising on Android

Post by JonathanLynch » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:35 pm

I have been researching this issue for a project I am working on. It appears that several ad providers use a mobile web interface in addition to the android and iOS SDKs. I know that both Mopub and MobFox do this.

Considering that we might produce an application that is deployed to 5 different platforms, it sure makes sense to have an ad delivery mechanism that would across all platforms rather than having to customize for each.

Do we have to use a separate web page on a server, though? I mostly deliver HTML content, including images, through the browser widget without using a page on a server. I just auto generate a self-contained html document and set the htmltext of the widget to that.
The key to a happy life is to practice love for all things.

shaosean

Post by shaosean » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:39 pm

Having to have a page hosted somewhere will really depend on the ad network requirements, but you could probably can slap their code in to your generated HTML page and do what you're currently doing, I'm going to assume that their code will just make what network calls it needs to make to load up their ads.. You may also want to check if there is a network connection before embedding their code.. Personally my iPod Touch is pretty much always in airplane mode, whereas my iPod is always on wifi..

donizeti.borges

Post by donizeti.borges » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:16 pm

Hi AndyP

I have a question , please, can you answer?

You mentioned that started working with smaato, my the question is : This strategy works fine and generate revenue ?

Regards,

AndyP

Post by AndyP » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:01 am

Hi, the smaato option worked well from a technical standpoint.

Revenue...well that wasn't so good, but my app was targeted at a very small subset of users, so its difficult for me to judge the value for an app with a large audience.
Andy Piddock

http://2108.co.uk/tinyide/ - TinyIDE gives you more space to develop your ideas

http://2108.co.uk/script-editor-themer/ Script Editor Themer - Your code has never looked so good

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features

quailcreek

Post by quailcreek » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:13 pm

So has there been anything resolved regarding being able to use AdMob with LC?
Tom
MacBook Pro OS High Sierra 10.13.5

Pesche

Post by Pesche » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:18 pm

Have anyone news about this Problem??
I've heard that admob and andsense wouldn't work but there schould be other solutions...???

Pesche

Post by Pesche » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:55 pm

Is the Smaato option still working? I tried but I struggle...

Return to “Android Deployment”