Slow screen update-Android [Solved]

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Jellobus

Slow screen update-Android [Solved]

Post by Jellobus » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:52 am

Hi all,

The stack is built with LC 6.7.8(rc4) and accelerateRendering is set to true. There are multiple hidden images and a native scroller consist of many images and text field.

There are few performance issues when the stack is launched in the Android device.

First , Slow image update when multiple images start showing. it takes about 10 sec to show 70 images. On the contrary, it takes only 5 sec in iOS device.
Second, Slow and sluggish native scroller in the Android environment. At the first time it lags when it's scrolled down then scrolls fine after scroll bar reaches the end. On the contrary, the native scroller works fine without issue in the iOS device.
Third, Sluggish moving images. It's not smooth compare to image moving in the iOS device.
Surprisingly, those issues disappeared and works perfect in both Android and iOS devices If the app is deployed with LC 6.5.2 version.

I like to know if there is some tricks to fix those issues. If it is a bug, using any recommended old LC version compatible with the latest Android API would be also another option.
Please let me know if you have some idea.
Hope I can fix them. all my fingers crossed.. 8)
Thanks for your time,

Louis
Last edited by Jellobus on Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Slow screen update-Android

Post by Mark » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi Louis,

For now I can only write that I have the same problem. Perhaps, you could try a different strategy, which avoids actual scrolling but just changes the icons of buttons. Show a particular set of images as icons of buttons depending on the scroll. Obviously, it won't be as smooth as you'd wish.

Kind regards,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

Jellobus

Post by Jellobus » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:55 am

Hi Mark,

The stack was built with LC 6.5.2 so I will completely rebuild a replica of the current stack with the latest LC 6 or 7 version. It can be just waste of time.. :( But I will let you know if there is any difference. Thanks.

Cheers,

Louis

Jellobus

Post by Jellobus » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:57 am

Hi Mark,

I solved all issues by setting resizeQuality of images to "good" from "best". Scrolling and moving objects are very smooth and images in "good" quality is not bad actually. Thanks for your advice!

Cheers,

Louis

Return to “Android Deployment”