sqlite with android's devices

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

AxWald

Re: sqlite with android's devices

Post by AxWald » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:57 am

Hi,
kap1987 wrote:Is ist possible to Update The Database? I mean that i edit The Data on pc and put The Database Back to The Phone. Is ist possible to Update The Database when The app is open?
SQLite doesn't necessarily choke when opened by more than one user - as long as you don't touch the same tables at the same time. So yes, you can update it from "outside".

The problem will be to reach it - you cannot access the virtualized data system of the app from outside, including it's cache/ documents folders. But you can work with a SD card as "common space" - your app will need the permission "write external storage", and you'll have to find out (with Android file manager) how your fone/tablet addresses the sd card: "/storage/sdcard1/" on a tab that I have here (I heard this can differ).

Have fun!
All code published by me here was created with Community Editions of LC (thus is GPLv3).
If you use it in closed source projects, or for the Apple AppStore, or with XCode
you'll violate some license terms - read your relevant EULAs & Licenses!

Return to “Android Deployment”