My Kindle Fire HDX 8.9: How can I set it up to test stacks?

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

keithglong
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

My Kindle Fire HDX 8.9: How can I set it up to test stacks?

Post by keithglong » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:51 am

Hi All,

Whereas I do not profess to be a LiveCode expert, I have had a bit of "on and off" experience over the last few years and have just hit my latest hurdle. I recently installed the Android SDK on my Windows 7 machine (and whew, was that a job!) and am now trying to test a stack on my Kindle Fire HDX 8.9. I successfully ran a few stacks on an emulator via the Android Virtual Device Manager, but I cannot get my Kindle to show up in the Development menu within LiveCode.

Note: I have been referring to Colin Holgate's excellent LiveCode Mobile Development book and tried the steps in there (i.e., for a Kindle Fire, which is not a Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 per se) and am stumped. Any help/suggestions would be most welcome.

Note: This is the first time I have played around with Android development... Up until now, my development efforts have primarily centered on Windows apps.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Keith "Boo" Long
Gulf Breeze, Florida

viro

Re: My Kindle Fire HDX 8.9: How can I set it up to test stac

Post by viro » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:45 am

You could build an apk which downloads your test stacks and opens them afterwards.
Just upload that apk to some online spacel, download with kindle and run your stacks. No need for adb connection.
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it

keithglong

Re: My Kindle Fire HDX 8.9: How can I set it up to test stac

Post by keithglong » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:53 am

UPDATE! PROBLEM SOLVED...

See: https://developer.amazon.com/appsandser ... or-testing

Cheers,

- Boo
Gulf Breeze, FL

Return to “Android Deployment”