Android Setup for Windows 7 Problems

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

istech

Android Setup for Windows 7 Problems

Post by istech » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:50 am

Hi all,

I have a issue setting up Android deployment on windows 7. I have setup android deployment several times on windows XP with no problems. However I have now tried to deploy using windows 7 32 and I get the common "The selected folder is not a valid Android SDK. Please ensure you have installed it correctly and installed support for Android 2.2 (Froyo 2.2)".

As I have said before I have installed this many times before using windows XP and followed the same method.

Directions taken

install java JDK
install Android SDK
install SDK packages (2.2 min and platform tools)
set the path under pref (in LC) (Error Here)

My Android Emulators works fine. However Can not set path for LC. Very strange. I will be trying different version of the SDKs to see if there is a issue there. But any other suggestions can help thanks.

Version of SDKs
Android R 23 for IDEs
Java JDK 8 Update 5
LC Commercial 6.6.2
Windows 7 32Bit SP1

Thanks all

PS. My Android SDK is located under my "program files" and not the hidden folder under APPDATA. As a few people have had problems with. My JAVA path was a issue until I ran CMD "WHERE JAVA" and showed it as under my system32 folder. I have now updated my Environment vars and now pointing to the correct java folder under "program files". However the issue still stands. Thanks

PPS. I have also tried installing the Android SDK to a different directory i.e "C:\NewFolder" still the same issue.

pkocsis

Re: Android Setup for Windows 7 Problems

Post by pkocsis » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:21 am

I think the Android R 23 is the issue. See this bug: 12719

....although for me, the workaround offered by Neil wasn't cut-n-dry as I did NOT see zipalign in the location he specified [sdk/build-tools/<version>/]

...what I ended up doing is downloading a zip archive of R 22 here: http://dl-ssl.google.com/android/reposi ... indows.zip and simply copy zipalign into the "Tools" directory of my R 23 installation. After doing that, I was able to set the R 23 SDK into my android mobile preferences.

Paul K.

QUICK EDIT: Possibly the reason I didn't find the zipalign where Neil said to look for it was because I did an "update" to R23 vs an initial install of R23....I don't know if that matters or not as far as zipalign's (apparent) new location, but I was able to get around the issue as stated above....

istech

Post by istech » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:27 am

Thanks pkocsis I will give this a go now and see how it goes.

istech

Post by istech » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:46 am

Just tried it and worked in 10 mins

Thanks a million a pkocsis - Lesson learned when in doubt it could be a bug - So check with LC sooner rather than 48 hours and multiple downloads later. :lol:

Thanks again

pkocsis

Post by pkocsis » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:03 pm

:D No problem! Glad you got it fixed!! ...and yes, I too have learned from the school of hard knocks to go directly to the forums, bug database, and livecode-use list in an effort to fight further accelerated graying :D

eurion

Post by eurion » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:22 pm

Finally I found the solution! Thanks pkocsis!

viro

Post by viro » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:23 am

Yesterday i ran into same problem but did not see the post here :D
Downloaded rev 22 of ASDK and installed minimal to deploy to lc.It's API8, buildtools and google extras.
Android Minimal SDK with
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCNeil » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:49 am

HI all,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop in regards to this issue.

It does seem that updating to R23 from within the SDK, does remove the zipalign tool. I have added this information to the bug report.

To save users downloading the whole R22 SDK, please find attached the Zipalign tool that you will be able to place in the tools folder.

Please continue to keep us posted if you experience any other issues.

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--
LiveCode Support Team ~ http://www.livecode.com

zip align mac
zipalign.zip
(26.06 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
zip align windows
zipalign.exe.zip
(80.05 KiB) Downloaded 359 times

vasso123

Post by vasso123 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:01 pm

Please supply zipalign for linux too, tnx!

junryl

Post by junryl » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:40 am

Seems like I was not able to make this work in mac. Please see attached screenshot.

I use livecode 6.6.2
SDK Tools revision 22.6.2
Installed android 2.2

UPDATE:
This is now working fine on me. But when adding, I need to target specifically the "sdk" folder, otherwise it won't work.

Thanks.
Attachments
sdk1.png

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCNeil » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:36 am

vasso123 wrote:Please supply zipalign for linux too, tnx!
Please find this file attached :)
zipalign linux.zip
(28.2 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--
LiveCode Support Team ~ http://www.livecode.com

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mark » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi,

This solution works for me with LiveCode 6.6.2 (and probably all versions of 6.6.x). It doesn't work with LiveCode 5.5.5. Does anyone have a solution for that version?

I used to have Android working with 5.5.5, but while trying to make it work with 6.6.2, I must have done something that makes it incompatible with 5.5.5.

Kind regards,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

Return to “Android Deployment”