Problem parsing the package

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Joe Kot

Problem parsing the package

Post by Joe Kot » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:23 pm

I built and tested my app on 3 android devices. All work fine with "sign for development only".
When I use sign with my key the app builds successfully. I'm entering my alias, keystore
password and private key password (both passwords are the same). But when I try to install the
package on the android device I get an error message "There is a problem parsing the package".
I have uninstalled the (development signed) app on the android device and tried to install the (my key signed)
app but get the same message. I've included a screen shot of my android application settings. Note: I am downloading
my (signed key) app directly from my Pc to the android tablet. I'm not downloading from googleplay.
Is this my problem or should I be able to download/install the app directly from my pc (with my signed key)
and have it install on my android tablet?
Attachments
buildscreen.PNG

Joe Kot

Re: Problem parsing the package

Post by Joe Kot » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:48 pm

Fixed: Two changes made on Android standalone settings. 1) The identifier field was not filled (formatted) correctly. It needs to be in the following format: com.yourcompany.yourapp .2) The link in the icon field needs to be filled in. I have successfully tested the signed app downloading from pc to android and also from downloading from the playstore using the alpha testing option.

Return to “Android Deployment”