SDK Woes

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

nlexa

SDK Woes

Post by nlexa » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:37 am

So I have been reading all the issues and related posts and I have jumped through all the hoops and I manage to navigate the minefield that is Livecode + Android.

Here are some of them:
"The chosen folder is not a valid Android SDK..."
SDK rel22.0.1 and having to use a older version.
Finally getting the device usb drivers. Unlocking the developer mode/usb debugging on the phone.
Getting said device to show up.
Getting a virtual device to show up.
I'm sure there was more.

But anyway I was feeling gloriously proud that I had made it so far 8) and I was finally about to test. So I make a new stack, drag on a button, give it a "Hello World". Set the standalone application settings to android. Made it "Sign for development only".

I select the physical device and press the "Test" button and a little window pops up and its asking me to save my application and then its doing stuff and then BAM!! its just gone. All the windows close and Livecode is not there.
So I try again. This time I'll try something else and start up the AVD instead, open livecode. Open my hello world stack select the right test target (avd) and press test and BAMM!! That piece of $#*@! closes on me again. :x

It's kinda sad that my employer purchased me this (at the time) top of the line samsung galaxy s3 so that we could test our applications on mobile and I have been as of yet unable to put a single livecode application on it. (I have managed in the past to use the AVD to test some of my creations).

Is it just because the community edition is still fresh and slightly untested?

I feel bad that I come to the forums with my problems and never have the knowledge to give back. :oops:

Sean O'Connor
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: SDK Woes

Post by Sean O'Connor » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:32 am

@nlexa. Whiles i am not in a position to help with your questin , rest assured you shollnt feel too bad about£not giving back" . asking those kinds of questions is, in its own way, giving back insomuch is it highlights problems that can befall any of us, and yes , it could well be something to do with the fact the 6.0 is a new release of LC, especially if you are using the community edition..

check your viersion as LC is now at version 6.0.2 and i beleive there was a fix to the android questiion elsehwre in the forums.
when the going gets tough the tough get going.

maxs
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by maxs » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:49 pm

Im in the same boat. Documentation says:

To configure the paths to your installed SDKs, use the Android section of the Mobile Support pane in Preferences.

So I selected the SDK folder, and it did not accept this folder. "The chosen folder is not a valid Android SDK..."

Is there any better documentation on how to imput the correct SDK folder?

Max

nlexa

Post by nlexa » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:59 am

Oh the irony: The YouTube video on the livecode.com home page "How LiveCode Works; In Under 60 Seconds" shows someone quickly and easily deploying to samsung galaxy s3.

Return to “Android Deployment”