BIG PROBLEM Updating New Sdk Android rev22

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Fasasoftware

BIG PROBLEM Updating New Sdk Android rev22

Post by Fasasoftware » Fri May 17, 2013 6:08 pm

Dear friends,

I have a big problem .... I cannot set the path...or better the path is not recognized on My Mac Intel x64bit...Imac...to set the sdk android....unfortunently i have updating to sdk android for mac the REV22.....the last...

And i have also updating to 1.7.0_21.jdk.....but now nothing works.... The Livecode Says To Me That there's no installed the 2.2 version of android.....I have also followed the steps on the tutorial on livecode page to put the "tools" on the folder inside the "android-8" folder .....BUT NOTHING WORKS!!!

can somebody help me please????

I must compile my app to sell on google app store...googleplay...

Thanks a lot!!!!

Best regards,

Lestroso

Simon
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: BIG PROBLEM Updating New Sdk Android rev22

Post by Simon » Sat May 18, 2013 1:55 am

Did you install Android 2.2, API 8, revision 2 package from the SDK Manager?
While you might not use it LC requires it.

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

Fasasoftware

Post by Fasasoftware » Sat May 18, 2013 11:07 am

HI simon.....Of Course I have Installed All the package possible......I'm desperado.....Now I'm Using A mac Imac Of my futher.....but i must use livecode with it.....alll the problem is when i have upgraded the sdk android i think......

Have you another Idea??? ...ThankS a lot..

best regards,

lestroso

Fasasoftware

Post by Fasasoftware » Sun May 19, 2013 5:05 pm

THANK YOU A LOT SIMON!!!

I have download a single installer of android 2.2 rev2 and installed on the new Now Works fine!!!...But This is a very BIG Limitations!!!! You can't Upgrade Anything.....I have Lost a Week To Understand This Problem!!!!!

Thanks Again...

Best regards,

Lestroso

sumpm1

Post by sumpm1 » Tue May 21, 2013 2:39 am

Fasasoftware wrote:THANK YOU A LOT SIMON!!!

I have download a single installer of android 2.2 rev2 and installed on the new Now Works fine!!!...But This is a very BIG Limitations!!!! You can't Upgrade Anything.....I have Lost a Week To Understand This Problem!!!!!
Hey let me know what exactly you downloaded.

I have been having this problem for days, and I have followed all of the tutorials and installed 2.2 API 8 from the SDK manager with no luck.

Neurox66
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Neurox66 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:12 am

sumpm1 wrote:I have been having this problem for days, and I have followed all of the tutorials and installed 2.2 API 8 from the SDK manager with no luck.
Me too :-(
Paolo Borzini | paolo@borzini.it
The WhiteFly Software | www.thewhitefly.it
Service on line for printers | www.4pellicole.it

wsamples

Post by wsamples » Tue May 21, 2013 2:48 pm

A file was removed from the sdk and a couple of other files were relocated. Google makes it inconvenient to download previous versions but it can be done by changing the version number in the download link to the version you want. You can see what are valid version numbers here: http://developer.android.com/tools/sdk/tools-notes.html

RunRev is preparing an update to LiveCode to address this issue. In the meantime if you don't want to mess with replacing what you've already updated to, try the following:

Copy or link the files '/android-sdk-<platform>/build-tools/17.0.0/aapt' and '/android-sdk-<platform>/build-tools/17.0.0/dx' to the directory '/android-sdk-<platform>/platform-tools'. Then, unzip and install the attached file into '/android-sdk-<platform>/tools'. Make sure it's executable (chmod 755 or use your favorite GUI method to check permissions) under Linux or OS X! Good luck!
Attachments
apkbuilder.zip
(1.11 KiB) Downloaded 306 times

Simon

Post by Simon » Wed May 22, 2013 4:34 am

The link on this post seems to work.
Admittedly its revision 21.1 but it will get you started with Android until RunRev sort things out.
Don't forget, install Android 2.2, API 8, revision 2 package from the SDK Manager!

http://forums.runrev.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15215

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

bendangelo

Post by bendangelo » Sun May 26, 2013 9:01 am

Not working in Mac environment

jhamel

Post by jhamel » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi there,
also the same Problem on Linux. Has anyone found a download for an old android-SDK ( perhaps as a VirtualBox-Image ) ?. Or did anyone know, when runrev solve this Problem ?

Bye
Jürgen

wsamples

Post by wsamples » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:59 pm

jhamel wrote:Hi there,
also the same Problem on Linux. Has anyone found a download for an old android-SDK ( perhaps as a VirtualBox-Image ) ?. Or did anyone know, when runrev solve this Problem ?

Bye
Jürgen

4 posts up I provided a method to resolve the problem using the r22 SDK as well as a simple method to find and download whatever version of the SDK you might desire. I run openSUSE and these both work under Linux. The problem is said to be resolved in the current test build of the upcoming point release (6.0.2).

jhamel

Post by jhamel » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:13 am

wsamples wrote:
4 posts up I provided a method to resolve the problem using the r22 SDK as well as a simple method to find and download whatever version of the SDK you might desire. I run openSUSE and these both work under Linux. The problem is said to be resolved in the current test build of the upcoming point release (6.0.2).
Hi,
yes, sorry, I did not read it so exactly as I has should do :-(. I see only Mac osX and do not read all, sorry again.

And now the good news: Yes, it works !!!!!

Ty and I hope, runrev fix it soon.

Best regards,
Jürgen

Return to “Android Deployment”