Push Notification Example Stack

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Tate83
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Push Notification Example Stack

Post by Tate83 » Thu May 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Hey everyone,

I used to set up a test with Android push notifications following this HowTo and the stack that comes with it:
http://lessons.runrev.com/m/4069/l/59312

I managed to set up all the dev stuff and actually generate my mobile's token. But when I try to send a notification using the stack AndroidPushTest_new.livecode from the HowTo, I get a "error: communication failed" in the stack. Could someone else with a working setup give this stack a try? I read that the used method is acutally OOS, but should still be working ( http://developer.android.com/google/gcm/c2dm.html )..

Thanks!

Pascal

splash21
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Push Notification Example Stack

Post by splash21 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:27 pm

Here's a working stack for Android push notifications - hope it helps :D
Attachments
AndroidGCM.zip
(2.86 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
LiveCode Development & Training : http://splash21.com

vdsrevolution

Post by vdsrevolution » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:00 pm

splash21 wrote:Here's a working stack for Android push notifications - hope it helps :D
All I seem to get is MismatchSenderId. I believe that I am using the correct values (API Key from Google APIs Console and device key obtained from the registration app via email - as per tutorial). Clearly I am missing something or just not understanding. Any hints gratefully accepted!

ddupont

Post by ddupont » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:24 pm

@ splash21... your stack works great. My problem is the receiver app I made based on the LC lesson. It works when first used. And if after closing the app I remove it from the Recent Apps list. But if I close it and leave it in the recent apps list, the next message does not display. I am not using the answer command, I am placing the message into a field.

I have tried clearing the field before placing the push notification message into it. No avail. I have attached my stack for the receiver app for review. Any help is appreciated.

I am new to coding and LiveCode. I am an IT professional working for my local Emergency Services Dispatch Center. We are rural and poor, which is why I have been tasked with developing it rather than hiring a real developer. :)

Update: Even with using the answer function, the problem is the same :(
Attachments
PushTestReceive.zip
(21.41 KiB) Downloaded 365 times

ddupont

Post by ddupont » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:15 pm

Got an update to Livecode which fixed the problem on closing the receiver app with the home button. Now I am trying to use the Send app on Android. The problem is it doesn't work and no results appear int he result window when I build and run the AGCM on Android. I have tried the automatic inclusions and the manual method, neither helps. Any ideas?

Return to “Android Deployment”