Wrong screen Color

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Psike2k11

Wrong screen Color

Post by Psike2k11 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:40 pm

I have a Problem with colors in my Application my BG image gets color fliped
But look on the attached files!

How that can be? In my first version i dont had these Problems but know with the same image....this color bug
The only thing i changed was i added 2 other cards with 2 BG images but always the same!

Know I moved the BG images files to my phone the same I used inside my App and the look great!
Attachments
device-2011-09-15-143124.png
Colors on Device
device-2011-09-15-143124.png (218.32 KiB) Viewed 3442 times
bg copy.png
Normal Colors
bg copy.png (226.49 KiB) Viewed 3442 times

Psike2k11

Re: Wrong screen Color

Post by Psike2k11 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:12 pm

Color profile support (4.5)

The engine will now attempt to use any embedded ICC color profile information that is present in JPEGs and PNGs.

If a JPEG contains a color profile then the engine will attempt to use it to translate the image's colors to the default screen color space before display.

When printing JPEGs, the original JPEG data will now be sent to the printer directly whenever possible, In particular, this means that any intermediate color matching for the screen that the engine performs does not affect the printed output.

As an additional side-effect of color profile support, the engine now also supports YCCK and CMYK JPEG images.

Note: Support for color profiles depends on the OS - in particular Windows XP and earlier only support ICC v2 profiles, Vista onwards supports ICC v4.

That suxx because a lot of devices are not able to interpreted the color Profiles right!!!!

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Wrong screen Color

Post by jacque » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:27 pm

The red/blue reversal was a bug that's been fixed in the latest 4.6.4 release. If you are still on 4.6.3 then log into your store account and download the newest version.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Return to “Android Deployment”