Thurs Jan 16 (TONIGHT) Learn to Code with Us: Pasadena

Discussion forum for the Southern California LiveCode Developer Group

Moderators: FourthWorld, Klaus, robinmiller

carlynorama

Thurs Jan 16 (TONIGHT) Learn to Code with Us: Pasadena

Post by carlynorama » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:12 pm

Hi All,

A long time LiveCode user mentioned that y'all might be interested in our Learn to Code with Us event at the Pasadena Public Library. Tonight is the first one but we are hoping there will be enough interest to make it reoccuring on Thursday nights kind-of in perpetuity.

I'll be mentioning LiveCode as a good choice for beginners who want to make functional GUIs easily.

"Bring your own laptop and learn to code with us, like the hero of our 2014 One City, One Story selection Thursday, January 16, 23 & 30 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Central Library’s Donald R. Wright Auditorium, 285 E. Walnut Street.

Never written a software program before? Learning your 5th programing language? Join us for this bring-your-own-laptop event. The evening will start with brief 15 minute overview of resources for self-paced learning and a single concept of the week for those who need an idea. Afterwards, stick around to work on your own projects, homework or help others.

Thanks! Hope this is interesting!
-- carlynorama

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Thurs Jan 16 (TONIGHT) Learn to Code with Us: Pasadena

Post by FourthWorld » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:59 pm

Thanks for setting this up. Sounds like a wonderful event, but unfortunately I have another commitment for tonight.

If I can help with any future such events, I live in Pasadena and organize the Pasadena LiveCode User Group - feel free to drop me an email at ambassador AT fourthworld.com

Have fun tonight. That auditorium is a great venue.

If you're coming to the Innovate Pasadena meetup tomorrow it would be nice to meet you in person:
http://www.meetup.com/Innovate-Pasadena ... 160270402/
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

Return to “SoCal LiveCode Group”