Anyone using ScreenSteps

Want to talk about something that isn't covered by another category?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

jharris

Anyone using ScreenSteps

Post by jharris » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:27 pm

Hi everyone,

I am getting ready to demo a new app to a large group of potential customers in about a month. I am getting started on writing the documentation and am planning on using ScreenSteps. I took a look at ScreenSteps yesterday and was very impressed with the app. It did everything I was looking for in a help authoring tool. This will eventually lead to a large help project and I am basically looking for any advice/comments from the community before I start the documentation.

I was looking at Dr. Explain, but I received ScreenSteps with the bundle. Dr. Explain seems to be more complex to use. Since I already have a license for ScreenSteps, does what I need and is simpler to use I thought I would make use of it. My only concern is how it will perform over time when the help project gets really large. Has anyone had issues with ScreenSteps?

Regards,
jharris
Operating System: macOS Monterey Version 12.5
LiveCode Version: 9.6.8

dglass

Re: Anyone using ScreenSteps

Post by dglass » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:40 am

I'm using, but so far the documentation is small.

It will grow, of course, but I fully expect the tags, statuses, and manuals to keep it organized enough to keep me no more insane than I currently am.

jharris

Post by jharris » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Thanks for your input dglass. I am going to continue with it. I really like the app so far, it really makes organization a snap.

jharris
Operating System: macOS Monterey Version 12.5
LiveCode Version: 9.6.8

SparkOut

Post by SparkOut » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:57 pm

Screensteps is one of the nicest applications I use. I have never had to scale any documentation to be a *huge* task, but what I use it for always gives great results, very quickly and simply.

Return to “Off-Topic”