Scrolling Icon List

Want to talk about something that isn't covered by another category?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

fritzdekatt

Re: Scrolling Icon List

Post by fritzdekatt » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:10 am

jacque wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:00 pm
Here's the scollbar on the SVG picker. It's pretty small.
Jacque
I wonder if you have a mouse hooked up when you see this. I have looked in vain for a similar bar (I know it's small), but I can use it (can't see it so much) when I hook up a mouse (I am using a touchpad on a laptop).
However, when testing this unmercifully on this go-round, I discovered that, if I did it often enough, the list started scrolling with the two-finger gesture on my touchpad. Once it works, it works for the duration of the user session (the time I'm logged into the computer, not into LiveCode). This strikes me as a memory issue.
Here's the really irritating thing about this. Last time I tried this, I got a "Set Location to Default" box (1/4 inch high by an inch wide) that followed me around from one application to another (though I couldn't discern its origin at the time). Now, I've got the whole SVG list dropdown pasted on my screen, going from LC to Edge to File Explorer (yes, I'm using Edge because the latest version of Firefox gives me a big black screen). The dropdown is live, too, not just a video artifact. You can still scroll it. Fortunately, unlike the previous box, when you click on this one, it goes away.
Thanks for pursuing this issue.
fritz

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by jacque » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:47 am

I do have a mouse attached, I'm on a desktop machine with no trackpad. I can't say much about the artifacts you're seeing on screen, I've never heard of anything like that. It's pretty weird, and I can't imagine what's causing it. I've also never heard of a system window that says "Set location to default" -- but I'm on a Mac and I think you're on Windows. A search reveals nothing.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

fritzdekatt

Post by fritzdekatt » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:40 pm

jacque wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:47 am
I do have a mouse attached, I'm on a desktop machine with no trackpad. I can't say much about the artifacts you're seeing on screen, I've never heard of anything like that. It's pretty weird, and I can't imagine what's causing it. I've also never heard of a system window that says "Set location to default" -- but I'm on a Mac and I think you're on Windows. A search reveals nothing.
I was developing almost exclusively on the Mac until a couple of months ago and I never had an issue with LiveCode (of course I was mostly still on version 5.5 and I didn't use it every day). I have to support a lot of Win 10 computers now, so I thought I'd get a Windows touchscreen laptop to more thoroughly familiarize myself with the lay of the land. I tend to be more forgiving of Windows, since it just arbitrarily does funky stuff on a whim and you just have to live with it (or go back to the Mac).
That's how I'm looking at this particular peccadillo. I don't use SVG anyway (guess I would if somebody asked) so it's not a biggie. Normally I would assume somebody would fix it if ten or twenty users groused long enough, but it's evidently been a couple of years so far and nobody's moved off the dime. I guess it's not a priority yet.
And I don't see anybody talking about the "default location" thing either. I figure that's one of those weird "after-image" things that Windows graphics do once in awhile just to keep you on your toes.
Thank you again for your time and trouble.
fritz

Return to “Off-Topic”