Quiting this forum

Want to talk about something that isn't covered by another category?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

KennyF

Quiting this forum

Post by KennyF » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:45 am

How do I quit this forum.
I'm no longer interested in the subject and I'm tired of getting "buy my cosmetic' emails every day.

KennyF

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Quiting this forum

Post by richmond62 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:52 am

Oddly enough this Forum has NEVER tried to sell me cosmetics

[admittedly that maybe because they know that my face is beyond hope . . . :D ]

This sounds like something wrong with your Spam filter rather than this Forum.

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by FourthWorld » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:43 am

You're in control of your private messages. Have your considered turning them off? We used to have them disabled, but people complained so now it's a matter of individual choice.

If you see spam here please notify one of the moderators so we can ban the account. If you'll forward the message to me in private message here I'll take action quickly.
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

jacque

Post by jacque » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:42 pm

Is this a new account user? If so, it could be a bot probe. The message is very generic.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

bogs

Post by bogs » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:18 pm

I dunno Jacque, looking at his 4 other posts, they do seem to be posted as a bot would not, very specific and on topic.

Sorry to hear your not interested in the subject anymore, unfortunately I'm so new around here the green glow from behind my ears lights up whole acres. Having worked in dos back in the olden days myself, I actually find the flow of this language to be semi relaxing, since it can be as easy to read and rarely needs commenting above the action your script will ultimately perform.

The email thing I would have to agree sounds like a filtering issue at your mail client or isp server level, however I would suggest checking your preferences in the User Control Panel -> Board Preferences area where you can set whether you can be contacted by other users on the forum, admins, etc.

And of course, as Richard points out, you can always filter or even turn off your private messages here on the board itself. Good luck which ever way you decide to go :)

jacque

Post by jacque » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:47 pm

It isn't clear whether the spam is in private forum messages or in Freddy's email inbox. If it were forum messages then more of us would probably have seen them, but even so, they should be brought to the attention of a moderator so the offending account can be deleted.

If the spam is arriving at his inbox then it is likely spam that has faked a "from" address derived from his email contacts. They're getting more clever at that every day.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

bogs

Post by bogs » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:05 pm

True that Jacque, those evil spambotMailers, I'd like to see 'em all digitally hung by their bits and bytes <grumble grumble grumble>

Return to “Off-Topic”