Another revolution is about to occur...

Want to talk about something that isn't covered by another category?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

billworld

Another revolution is about to occur...

Post by billworld » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:36 pm

Finally we Americans have the chance to elect a leader with the ability to truly deliver the change we need. Some of us, including myself, have been embarrassed by many of the decisions made by our leaders. We have alienated ourselves in many ways from the rest of the world. We are bankrupting the country with an endless war we were deceived into believing was necessary. Our economy is suffering as reality finally settles in that, no, you can't live off of a blank check forever. Under Bush, our national debt has doubled from 5 to 10 trillion dollars. Our government is bigger now than ever before. Bush entered the White House with a budget surplus and is leaving with a huge deficit. There has been zero accountability on the part of Bush. His spin machine distorts the truth and points the finger. He is a shallow man born of privilege and devoid of responsibility.

Today millions of Americans will voice their distaste of Karl Rove style politics. They will say "enough!" "Stop with the smears and bickering, we have work to do!" "Stop creating division amongst our people, we want to unite!"

Sometimes it takes tragedy for people to wake up. Yes, we can't go on living beyond our means, that includes how we live financially as well as how we live "environmentally". Greed and irresponsibility have a way of catching up with you whether you're dealing with your fellow man or Mother Nature.

Today marks the end of decades of status quo government in the USA.

Today I am voting for Barack Obama and Democrats to bring about the change required to turn this country around.

Sincerely,

Bill

TonyL

Post by TonyL » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:22 am

Me too! My vote is for Obama. Bush has been absolutely horrible. Not only for America but also the rest of the world.

I hope the Republicans get a real good ass-whipping today. They deserve it. Thank God the nightmare called George W. Bush is almost over.

mcgrath3
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by mcgrath3 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:07 pm

<removed by author because some people are rude and look for any chance to be so>

But it is good to see Democracy in action.
Last edited by mcgrath3 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom McGrath III
Lazy River Software
3mcgrath@comcast.net

billworld

Post by billworld » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:26 pm

Huh? The Democrats didn't regain control of Congress until the 2006 election. That means we've suffered from Republican dominance in both Congress and the White House for 6 out of 8 years of Bush's presidency. I've seen other Republicans get confused on this point as well. Don't you remember Bush bragging about his huge MANDATE with his paltry victory back in 2004? He took the slim victory as a sign that Americans wanted more of the same. More War in Iraq (and elsewhere?), more de-regulation on Wall St. and with financial institutions, more tax breaks and favors to big corporations and the wealthiest of Americans. Unfortunately, more Americans at the time didn't realize the failed path we were on until it started to impact their pocket books. Money talks. No-money listens...

I feel it is COMPLETELY appropriate to blame president Bush for HIS failed policies backed by HIS dominating party.

No more. We'd had enough of the finger pointing and excuses for not getting the job done. Bush and the Republicans FAILED and are too shallow to fess up to it.

Barack Obama and the Democrats WILL get the job done. They will engage in courageous policy to truly turn this country around. It will be difficult for many to initially accept the kind of change we truly need. But, over time, they will understand.
mcgrath3 wrote:Don't forget now, this country has already been under Democratic control in the House and Senate for the past four years. So even though Bush is leaving the white house and Obama is coming in there really is not going to be much difference in how the country is run. The House and Senate are still under Democratic control. It's popular to blame the president for our problems but the real power has always been in the House and Senate and that will keep Obama from really making all that much change.

But it is good to see Democracy in action.

mcgrath3

Post by mcgrath3 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:36 pm

<removed by author, see above>
Tom McGrath III
Lazy River Software
3mcgrath@comcast.net

Return to “Off-Topic”