Teaching LiveCode to Children

Want to talk about something that isn't covered by another category?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

pedinaturalBUSM6Q4
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Teaching LiveCode to Children

Post by pedinaturalBUSM6Q4 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:37 pm

I emailed Heather about this and she suggested that I post this request here.

My name is Terica Lynn Swangin and I am asking for your help. My business, PediNatural®, is in the running to receive a $150K grant from the Chase Small Business Mission Main Street competition. If we are fortunate enough to win, one of the projects we hope to develop and fund is a pilot program that will teach LiveCode to local underprivileged inner-city middle school children as an after school enrichment program. To be eligible for round 2 of the grant process we need at least 250 people to vote for us. I would really appreciate it if everyone could please show your support and vote. And ask others to vote as well. We only have 9 days left to qualify.

Instructions:
Log-in to Facebook. Search for KART Kids Radio and visit the page. Click on the link in the first post and this will take you to PediNatural®'s Mission Main Street Grant profile page. To cast your vote, simply click the blue “Vote Now” Facebook button.

PediNatural® is a well know leader in educational literacy focused products for children. We believe introducing many types of literacy at an early age will allow children to naturally master the developmental milestones that are essential to solid learning foundations. I wholeheartedly believe that teaching LiveCode to these children will creatively and effectively help them develop a new way to think and thrive. 250 votes could give us the chance to change lives and futures. We need the votes by 11:59:00 p.m. ET on October 17th, 2014.

We can do good things together! A Vote for PediNatural® is a Vote for Children's Literacy!

Thank You,

Terica Lynn Swangin
Owner/Founder
PediNatural®
KART Digital Broadcasting Network (KART-DBN)
KART Foundation
PO Box 310
Maple Shade, NJ 08052

PediNatural® is a NJ based children’s research & information services firm. We are literacy advocates who specialize in developing educational resources for a target audience up to 18yrs of age. The company creates new & innovative solutions that strive to close the learning gap between schools, communities, & families.

pedinaturalBUSM6Q4

Re: Teaching LiveCode to Children

Post by pedinaturalBUSM6Q4 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:45 pm

I want to wholeheartedly thank everyone who voted and got others to vote for me and my business PediNatural. I needed 250 to qualify for Round 3: Judges Review and as of the deadline on Friday the final tally was ~ 304 Votes ~ ! Now keep your fingers crossed that the judges feel the same way you do. To all those who helped me - You Are True Heroes For Children's Literacy.

Thank you! Thank you!

Terica

Terica Lynn Swangin
Owner/Founder
PediNatural
KART Digital Broadcasting Network (KART-DBN)
KART Foundation

newtronsols

Post by newtronsols » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:53 pm

You may not have seen yet in the US - but http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29645991 worth reading.

pedinaturalBUSM6Q4

Post by pedinaturalBUSM6Q4 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:27 pm

Thank you for the information.

capellan

Post by capellan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:08 pm

You are welcome! :-D

By the way, Terica, check this
LiveCode Programming Course
(named MetaTalk Programmer in
that moment) created by Scott Raney
from MetaCard Corp.
You could open both stacks in
LiveCode.

http://www.canelasoftware.com/mc/metacard24/mtp.mc
http://www.canelasoftware.com/mc/metacard24/mtpguide.mc

This webpage describes course contents:
http://www.metacard.com/pi6.html

Please, adapt and actualize the contents
of this course for your specific audience.
I am translating to spanish, adapting and testing
this Course for use of Teachers and Students
in Computer Labs and Home Study.

Have a nice week! :-)

Al

Return to “Off-Topic”