I would love to make a suggestion to the LiveCode team

Want to talk about something that isn't covered by another category?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

MikeinHawaii

I would love to make a suggestion to the LiveCode team

Post by MikeinHawaii » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:23 am

Background: I have been moving in and out of LiveCode since back when there was Rev Media available for download, and that is where I first picked up.
Tonight I watched a really nice video presentation on Youtube from LiveCode about open source featuring Kevin, Ben, and several others of the crew, with a nice ending video shot of the whole team in front of the offices.

My suggestion: Relocate the entire operation to Hawaii. You guys would love it, and I could apply for a job. You all need a serious tan. Way too pasty white.
And that stuffy business attire has to go- Aloha shirts and shorts are vastly an improvement. Think about it for a while. And if that is too way far fetched, then how about at least considering holding the developer's conference here so maybe the whole community can get rid of the pasty white complexion. Just kidding around, Love you guys, and you taught me how to program, and for that I am truly truly grateful. Mahalo and Aloha ...... Mike

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: I would love to make a suggestion to the LiveCode team

Post by richmond62 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:04 am

You may well be unaware of the fact that quite a mage and a sage of Livecode lives in Hawaii.

His name is Brahmanathaswami, and this is where to find him:

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/monastery

in spite of contra-indications he is an open-minded chap who is really extremely knowledgeable about Livecode.

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:43 pm

Hi Mike,

I really second this!
I would also immediately apply for a job at RR in that case! :D

Best

Klaus

SparkOut

Post by SparkOut » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:14 pm

Dear RR,

I am glad to accept my appointment as Livecoder-Without-Portfolio at the newly established Hawaii operations centre. The salary of $500,000 per annum is acceptable, and I understand the relocation package to be equivalent of a year's salary, and the accommodation package to be $200 per month for 4000 square metres prime real estate, with all amenities included. For the company car (Audi R8) I would like to choose the black colour.

All this for 10 hours per week, chatting with Livecoders and seeing what they are up to, all sounds too good to be ....

---
mmm? wuh? no, no, I wasn't asleep! er...
it's all real, isn't it?

richmond62

Post by richmond62 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:40 pm

Sadly, and it is sadly, most of us seem to spend quite a lot of our time making suggestions re Livecode, based on our day-today experience of using the thing; rather than daft stuff (albeit fun)
about moving to Hawaii.

As Livecode is now Open Source RunRev need the "sauce" to flow in both directions.
LC_gadfly.png

MikeinHawaii

Post by MikeinHawaii » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:15 am

richmond62 wrote:You may well be unaware of the fact that quite a mage and a sage of Livecode lives in Hawaii.

His name is Brahmanathaswami, and this is where to find him:

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/monastery

in spite of contra-indications he is an open-minded chap who is really extremely knowledgeable about Livecode.
Yes, I am aware of his presence in Maui, I was actually in Kula for about a half hour last week to pick up some of the worlds best mustard in a jar made from the Upcountry Jams and Jellies farm on Lower Kula road. http://www.mauiupcountryjamsandjellies.com/ Maybe one day I will pop in for a visit as we go over there to the Baldwin High School baseball tourney every year. I am on a different island.

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by FourthWorld » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:26 pm

I second this request, though I should note that as an open source project it may benefit RunRev to keep its CEO somewhat pale; in addition to Kevin having grown a beard, it reinforces the image of supreme geekdom. :) Now if only we can get him to use Linux on his personal laptop....

For any of you who may have the good fortune of visiting K'auai, I can't recommend the tour of the monastery strongly enough. I was there last June, and Brahmanathaswami generously took time out of his day to show us around. I met many of the other monks there, including another developer. Beautiful place, and they offer tours each Friday - not to miss if you're on that island. The new IT office they were building when I was there had a view that was almost unbelievable in its beauty. He kindly added a page about our visit to the Hinduism Today site, and the lush surroundings you see there barely do justice to the amazing grounds they're blessed to enjoy:
http://www.himalayanacademy.com/blog/ta ... monastery/
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

Return to “Off-Topic”