Unexpected file name conversion and stack damage

Want to talk about something that isn't covered by another category?

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, robinmiller, kevinmiller

Post Reply
Kay Tate
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:41 am

Unexpected file name conversion and stack damage

Post by Kay Tate » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:56 am

I have been using a converted Hypercard stack with Revolution and now LiveCode for about four years. It is on a Mac. I update it daily with the date at the top of the end card of the stack -- it is my notebook. The first of the year (yesterday), the stack suddenly reverted to a December 18 version and the .rev at the end of it changed to .livecode suffix at the end of the file. The last days from 12/18 to 12/31 are missing. The file size if 8.6 MB. Is there some limit I have passed with this one that requires I delete cards or start it over?

Klaus
Posts: 11057
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:41 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Unexpected file name conversion and stack damage

Post by Klaus » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:58 pm

Hi Kay,

1. welcome to the forum! :D

2. how many cards does that stack have?
Unlike HyperCard, Livecode will load the complete stack into memory.


Best

Klaus

Kay Tate
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:41 am

Re: Unexpected file name conversion and stack damage

Post by Kay Tate » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:40 pm

More than a thousand, I'm sure., and maybe twice that many since I don't have entries every day, but some days I can have up to 8 of them for different meetings. It is my business notebook starting in 2009.

If this is the likely problem, I started fixing it last night. I fortunately had a backup from Dec 28, and I deleted the ones from 2009. The overall stack size went from 8.6MB to 7.4 MB, so it was a noticeable reduction. It does seem to be OK now with the reduced one.

Thanks for the pointer.
-Kay T.

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer
Posts: 3353
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 am
Location: Bulgaria

Re: Unexpected file name conversion and stack damage

Post by richmond62 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:25 pm

The .livecode suffix came in when what was called "Runtime Revolution" changed its name to "Livecode".

All this probably means is that you opened your stack in a post 4.5 version and did a "Save As".

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”