Why have I only just found out about LiveCode?

Want to talk about something that isn't covered by another category?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

archer2009BUSknbj

Why have I only just found out about LiveCode?

Post by archer2009BUSknbj » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:41 am

There's one question that's been nagging me about RunRev and LiveCode .. why did I only ever find out about LiveCode 3 days after their KickStarter campaign ended?

From what I've read RunRev has been going for 10 years and I've spent at least the last 2 to 3 years looking for something like LiveCode.

I can work a search Engine like Google way better then most people, and find the best answers to all sort of questions.

But in all the years of looking for a single application that allows me to deploy to multiple platforms, RunRev and LiveCode never crossed my Google Searching path once.

I only found out about it from a guy that writes software for Macs, and only because he mentioned it in passing via email .. and even then we weren't talking about coding - we were talking about Kickstarter and that's when he mentioned LiveCode.

LiveCode seems like the best programming language that no one's ever heard of.

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Why have I only just found out about LiveCode?

Post by FourthWorld » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:47 am

archer2009BUSknbj wrote:LiveCode seems like the best programming language that no one's ever heard of.
Indeed it is. While it's been evolving in development since 1992, in recent years only open source language really have a chance at gaining any traction. Now that the Kickstarter campaign was so successful, LiveCode will finally have a chance to earn its proper place among the great scripting languages.
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

Return to “Off-Topic”