Our iPad App was submitted last night!

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

richardmac
Livecode Opensource Backer

Our iPad App was submitted last night!

Post by richardmac » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Hey all,

My buddy and I just FINALLY finished our iPad app and submitted it to Apple last night. Major victory! I'd like to thank the many folks here, ESPECIALLY Klaus, who have answered my questions over the past year. Thanks to all! The app is named "HAT" and it's a tool for randomly drawing names or other list items, for elementary teachers. We couldn't have done it without help from this forum.

marksmithhfx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Our iPad App was submitted last night!

Post by marksmithhfx » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:44 pm

richardmac wrote:Hey all,

My buddy and I just FINALLY finished our iPad app and submitted it to Apple last night. Major victory! I'd like to thank the many folks here, ESPECIALLY Klaus, who have answered my questions over the past year. Thanks to all! The app is named "HAT" and it's a tool for randomly drawing names or other list items, for elementary teachers. We couldn't have done it without help from this forum.

Richard, congratulations. It's quite an accomplishment to get a finished app posted anywhere, let along the iStore!!!

-- Mark
macOS 12.6.5 (Monterey), Xcode 14.2, LC 10.0.0, iOS 15.6.1
Targets: Mac, iOS

richardmac

Post by richardmac » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:12 am

Last night it went live on iTunes. The name of the program is called HAT. It's an iPad app.
Our app initially got rejected because it had a fixed orientation - you could only use it one way. That was on purpose. But Apple said we couldn't do that... even though we BOTH have apps on our iPads already that WERE approved and only had one orientation. So we're thinking that there's a bunch of nerds in cubicles that sit around and judge the submissions, and they're not all consistent with the rules. Regardless, our app is finally available in iTunes. It's a great feeling. And now we're going to fine tune it and make it better for the next version, plus start on two other projects.

MaxDangerMouse

Post by MaxDangerMouse » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi Richard,

I had a similar problem. I fixed it by allowing portrait upside-down, didn't need to allow landscape. Did you find the same?

I know what you mean about dudes in cubicles, it's weird for me because I think the cubical people are in the US and I'm in Australia. So each morning I get up to find out whether I'm rejected or not - all the action happens overnight my time.

Max

richardmac

Post by richardmac » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:21 am

Our app originally had Landscape Right as the default and you couldn't do Landscape Left, but they made us add Landscape Left.

FireWorx

Post by FireWorx » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:48 pm

Hey I am getting ready to submit. Can you point me in the right direction to get from machine testing to submission? There has got to be some directions specific to livecode some where right?

CALL-151

Post by CALL-151 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:52 pm

Return to “iOS Deployment”