iPad Stand Alone Applications Setting Problem

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

John
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

iPad Stand Alone Applications Setting Problem

Post by John » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:55 am

When I tried to upload an iPad only app for review (via Application Loader) an error occurred indicating that iPad only apps must have a minimum OS version of 3.2. The Stand alone application settings are correct but not honored by LiveCode. Using the prerelease plugin worked and the app uploaded correctly. This looks like a Bug to me (a show stopper unless you want to use the prerelease plugin). Can anyone confirm?

Thanks,
John

Randy Hengst

Re: iPad Stand Alone Applications Setting Problem

Post by Randy Hengst » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:00 am

Hi John,

I'm working an on iPad only app now, but it's not quite ready to upload. It does load on my iPad with the provisioning profile. Does yours do that?
I'm using livecode 4.5.3 rc3 with system 3.2.2 on the iPad. The app settings for are at 3.2 minimum.

One thought... did you open the pack and check the Info.plist for the minimum iOS.... just to see what livecode is building? Mine says 3.2.

take care,
randy

John

Post by John » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:02 am

Randy,

No problem loading on my iPad, the issue was with Application Loader not accepting it. I did check the plist file and the wrong version (3.1.?) was there. Editing the plist file caused other issues. I am running 4.5.2. I don't have access to the release candidates. Perhaps it is fixed in 4.5.3. If it is, I hope it releases soon.

Thanks,
John

Randy Hengst

Post by Randy Hengst » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:03 am

John,

My first iPad app was just accepted for review...

The only problem I ran into using the Application Loader was the fact I used the wrong size icon in the app when preparing it with LiveCode. The alert in the Loader was clear as to the problem. Once I fixed that, the app was accepted and loaded.

No problem with the version issue you experienced. I did use 4.5.3 (rc3) to prepare the app. So, I'm assuming your problem will be fixed with its release.

take care,
randy

Return to “iOS Deployment”