Zoom-in feature

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Ron Zellner

Zoom-in feature

Post by Ron Zellner » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:41 am

I'm working on a stack for conversion to iPad. I have an area with several very small buttons that the user touches and drags to new positions.
Is it possible to use multi touch movement so the person can expand (or zoom-in to) that area and make it easier to select a button?
Thanks.
Ron

Ron Zellner

Re: Zoom-in feature- pinch gestures

Post by Ron Zellner » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:27 pm

Has anyone used the pinch gestures to zoom in/out in an LC iOS application? Is this a supported feature?

Ron

Obleo

Re: Zoom-in feature

Post by Obleo » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:25 pm

Yes, Take an look at the rev lession, How do I implement a multi-touch pinch motion?
The example stack will get you in the ballpark to doing resizing, rotation etc, etc.. It really an great starting point to do many different ios gestures.

the rev lession with stack are located here http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lesson ... ch-motion-

Check it out, it will really be worth the it.

Ron Zellner

Re: Zoom-in feature

Post by Ron Zellner » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:02 pm

That looks useful, but it doesn't magnify the screen, it resizes the square graphic. I need the screen to expand so the graphic appears bigger and the individual buttons are also bigger. (Like pinching to zoom in & out in a web page- everything gets bigger or smaller)
Maybe I just need to create a second card where that part is replicated on a larger scale and then pass any changes made there back to the main card.

Return to “iOS Deployment”