Hanging app during simulation launch "launching app"

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

istech

Hanging app during simulation launch "launching app"

Post by istech » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:47 pm

Hi Livecode Coders,

I hope all are doing well,

I wonder if anyone can help. I have an issue where upon launching a single app in IOS simulator it gets stuck at "Launching app..." This only happens with one app the rest launch as expected. Is there any way to find out where the launcher is getting stuck? A log maybe I can activate to see what is happening in the background. I know the setup is good and the issue is related to the app but how to track an issue like this down.

Xcode 14.2
Monterey
Simulator iPhone 16.2
Livecode 9.6.10

Many thanks in advance.

istech

Re: Hanging app during simulation launch "launching app"

Post by istech » Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:23 am

Hi All,

After much heartache and pain, I finally found the issue after 2 days, I believe this could be a bug as the problem turned out to be an unescaped ampersand in the app display name which was in the plist hence caused an error in the simulator and transporter.

I believe I never escaped a previous version's display name in the past so could this be a bug? That's for Livecode to check out. May fill out a bug report as if LC is creating a package for the App Store there should be this check-in place at least. LC should not be creating an invalid plist or at the very least should throw an error.

I had to add "&" to my app display name before it would work. This is purely to aid someone else with the same problem. I was also getting "Cannot create a temporary .itmsp package for my app with Transporter" which came under the same error.

Return to “iOS Deployment”