What is up with provisioning profiles?

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

ChrisSheffield
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

What is up with provisioning profiles?

Post by ChrisSheffield » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:19 pm

Hi all,

I have been struggling for the past few days to get an app built and running on an iPad. I've got a dev certificate and have created a provisioning profile using that certificate, which includes my device, among others.

When I select my iPad in the Test Target menu and then select Test from the Development menu, I end up with the error message in attachment 1. If I just build the standalone like normal, the process completes as expected, but when I use Xcode to install the app on my device, I get the following from Xcode:

Error installing '/Volumes/LaCie Dev/Read Naturally/ReadNatDev/LiveCode/Mobile Projects/Splat-o-nym/builds/Splat-O-Nym/1.0.4.1/splatonym2/splatonym.app', ERROR: Error Domain=com.apple.dt.CoreDeviceError Code=3002 "Failed to install the app on the device." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to install the app on the device., NSURL=file:///Volumes/LaCie%20Dev/Read%20Naturally/ReadNatDev/LiveCode/Mobile%20Projects/Splat-o-nym/builds/Splat-O-Nym/1.0.4.1/splatonym2/splatonym.app/, NSUnderlyingError=0x600002bbdc50 {Error Domain=IXUserPresentableErrorDomain Code=14 "Unable to Install “Splat-O-Nym”" UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x600002bbde30 {Error Domain=MIInstallerErrorDomain Code=13 "Failed to verify code signature of /var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.J3HWHj/extracted/splatonym.app : 0xe8008015 (A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.)" UserInfo={FunctionName=+[MICodeSigningVerifier _validateSignatureAndCopyInfoForURL:withOptions:error:], LegacyErrorString=ApplicationVerificationFailed, SourceFileLine=78, LibMISErrorNumber=-402620395, NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to verify code signature of /var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.J3HWHj/extracted/splatonym.app : 0xe8008015 (A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.)}}, NSLocalizedDescription=Unable to Install “Splat-O-Nym”, NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Failed to verify code signature of /var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.J3HWHj/extracted/splatonym.app : 0xe8008015 (A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.), NSLocalizedFailureReason=This app cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified.}}}
Domain: com.apple.dt.DVTCoreDevice
Code: -1
User Info: {
DVTErrorCreationDateKey = "2023-09-08 21:14:20 +0000";
}
--

What am I missing? I've gone through the process of regenerating certificates and profiles three or four times now, trying different things. Nothing seems to fix the issue for me. I'm running MacOS Ventura 13.5.2, LiveCode 9.6.10, and Xcode 14.2.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 3.00.41 PM.png
attachement 1
Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally, Inc.
The Fluency Company

jacque

Re: What is up with provisioning profiles?

Post by jacque » Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:14 pm

I can only guess, but have you installed the World Wide Developer Relations certificate from Apple?
https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=5zb13auf
At the bottom of the page there is a link to the download page, you need the certificate that expires in 2030. The article says Xcode will update it automatically but if you never installed it, maybe that didn't happen.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

ChrisSheffield

Post by ChrisSheffield » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:47 pm

Updating that certificate didn't fix the problem unfortunately. I finally tried the previous version of LC (9.6.9) and that did fix the issue. So I'm guessing some strange issue with LC 9.6.10. It doesn't seem to be signing the app correctly.

Thanks for the reply, though. :-)
Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally, Inc.
The Fluency Company

jacque

Post by jacque » Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:52 pm

Glad you found a workaround. The issue should probably be reported in the bug database, LC will want to know. https://quality.livecode.com
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

j9v6

Post by j9v6 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:03 pm

I'm now getting this in LC 9.6.11 too. Apart from downgrading to 9.6.9 is there any other solution that anyone's come across?

Thanks, Al.

Randy Hengst

Post by Randy Hengst » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:10 pm

I’ve built successfully for iPad using Livecode 9.6.11 on Ventura 13.6.3 (22G436) using Xcode 15.0

Return to “iOS Deployment”