Linking Xcode and Livecode

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

tolerant2

Linking Xcode and Livecode

Post by tolerant2 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:15 am

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the complete beginner section; I am indeed a complete beginner, but I've been enjoying learning about programing and Livecode. I've tried to link Xcode and Livecode so I can run my app on the iPhone simulator, but I get an error when I try to do so.

The error reads: "The chosen folder is not a valid iOS SDK. Selected Xcode must have an iOS SDK among:

12.2"

I had Xcode version 11.4, so I went to the Apple Developer website and downloaded 11.2. When I tried to select the Xcode app from Livecode's preference pane, I get the same error, despite 11.2 being on the list. I went back to the Apple Developer website and downloaded 10.2. And again, I get the same error.

I'm thinking that I must be doing this wrong. For one, Xcode 12.2 doesn't exist; the latest version of Xcode is 11.4. But I'm not sure how to link Xcode and Livecode; it seems that I should just be able to select the Xcode app by clicking "Add entry" in the Mobile Support preference pane.

Thierry
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Linking Xcode and Livecode

Post by Thierry » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:48 am

Hi tolerant2,

Have you seen this post from panos ?
might help...

https://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.p ... 11#p189384

Take care,

Thierry
!
SUNNY-TDZ.COM doesn't belong to me since 2021.
To contact me, use the Private messages. Merci.
!

tolerant2

Post by tolerant2 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:12 pm

Yes, I did see the post and I did read it. The post doesn't solve my problem. Even if I use a version of Xcode listed in the error message, I still get the error message. The post also doesn't explain what Xcode 12 is. Xcode 12, as far as I can tell, doesn't exist.

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:04 pm

Hello tolerant2,

The list of versions that appears in the error dialog are the iOS SDK versions - not the Xcode versions.

Also, this list of required SDKs seems a bit outdated, so I guess you are using an older LC version?

I suggest downloading the latest LC version from here:

https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/

The version of the Xcode you have to use depends on your LiveCode and MacOS version.

So if you are on Catalina or Mojave, and use LiveCode 9.6 DP-2, then you have to use Xcode 11.3 (which includes the iOS 13.2 SDK)

Hope this helps,
Panos
--

tolerant2

Post by tolerant2 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:47 pm

Thank you Panos. This worked and is much appreciated. I would note that the developer previews are not easy to find; the product download page has 9.5.1 as the latest version.

Return to “iOS Deployment”